Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1911 American Heritage is finally complete

1911 American Heritage is finally complete

Those that follow the 1911 thread know I've been working on a 1911 build which I started two years ago. I built the pistol starting with a frame/slide kit from Wilson Combat. I used mostly WC Bullet proof parts. The build was a lot of fun and taught me way more than I ever thought possible. I had it engraved by a local artist, the finish is Melonite and the grips are WC Ivory. The pistol has 3.4 trigger pull and flat eats holes in the center of a target.

DSCN1190.jpgDSCN1192.jpgphoto-6.jpgphoto-8.jpg
    Bill
    Last edited by paid4c4; 06-24-2013 at 10:40 PM.
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

You did good Bill.
    Good luck with all.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Nice Pimp 1911
    Looks good, so after building one would you take on a project like that again?
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

As a matter of fact I'm about 90% complete on an STI frame/slide build on a 10MM/.40 Cal. I have the .40 cal working fine and the pistol functions great with a trigger pull of 3.9 which I hope to get to 3.4. I still have to fit the 10MM barrel and bushing which I'll do soon. I'll post pictures when complete. Building 1911's is a great hobby, however if you want to build because its cheaper it isn't or not by much and if you want to do it quick don't do it. It takes time to hone/stone parts one or two strokes at a time on a Arkansas stone to get that just right feel. The nice thing is you know how it's build and what parts are in it. For me it was the best way to learn the operation, function, repair and workings of the good old John Browning 1911.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

I remember that gun. I can't believe you shoot it!

Founding Member
    Very nice!!!!

Founding Member
    This should be in the zombie forum... talk about a resurrection! Looks great Bill!!!

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    As a matter of fact I'm about 90% complete on an STI frame/slide build on a 10MM/.40 Cal. I have the .40 cal working fine and the pistol functions great with a trigger pull of 3.9 which I hope to get to 3.4. I still have to fit the 10MM barrel and bushing which I'll do soon. I'll post pictures when complete. Building 1911's is a great hobby, however if you want to build because its cheaper it isn't or not by much and if you want to do it quick don't do it. It takes time to hone/stone parts one or two strokes at a time on a Arkansas stone to get that just right feel. The nice thing is you know how it's build and what parts are in it. For me it was the best way to learn the operation, function, repair and workings of the good old John Browning 1911.
    Bill
    I'd like to know how that 10m goes. What did you go with on the recoil system?

Quote Originally Posted by ttwn0324 View Post
    I'd like to know how that 10m goes. What did you go with on the recoil system?
    Sorry it took so long I haven't been active on the board this year because of family medical issues. The pistol has been completed and is off getting a finish. I used a Nolin ramped barrel with a 24 pound recoil spring. Boy does it take all I can do to stuff that spring into the slide, tuff on old fingers. Here's a photo just before I sent it for finish.
    Bill
    Image 3.jpg
    Bill

Founding Member
    Great looking pistol, How can you shoot it now?? It looks almost too good to carry too.