Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1911 American Heritage is finally complete

The finish is "Hard Hat Treatment" which becomes part of the metal not just sitting on top of the metal. Shooting it or carrying it won't wear the finish. I believe the finish is also called Melonite/Tenifer/Nitriding/Nitrocarburization/QPQ. Here is a link which explains and compares the finish;http://vuurwapenblog.com/2010/09/13/...y-on-finishes/
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Founding Member
    Ok, that finish sounds good, Just watch out if you buy a forbus holster...Mine has something inside that has eaten into my carry pistol slide..made me agrivated when i first saw it...