Thread: Oprod bend

Oprod bend

Hey Tim, met a kid at the range that just bought his first Garand yesterday and the op-rod is not bent correctly. Will not pass tilt test, gets stuck about 1/4 down. Am I correct in thinking that the optic isn't bent correctly and how much do you charge to fix that? I gave him your info so hopefully he'll get in touch with you.
    Brett

If the "stick" is slight, I'd not worry about it. If it sticks bad, I charge $45 plus shipping.

Shuff...does your website have the same shipping procedure for op-rod re-tweaking?

I have nice one that hits hard on the R/H side of the Ferrule.

It does. Shipping on an oprod would be either whatever a flat rate box is with $100 insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    It does. Shipping on an oprod would be either whatever a flat rate box is with $100 insurance.
    One of those Triangle Boxes? I think 15.95? I'll sort it out, and hit you up if I have a question. Thanks, sorry for the hijack...just have a similar issue.

Don't need a lug, so Columbus Machine is not needed...unless you're doing that as well now?

Whatever flat rate box you like. The little triangle does come to mind though. I don't do lugs. I do have one of the oprod gauges made by Jim Schwartz to USGI specs. The thing works surprisingly good.

I'm finally getting around to sending you a couple op-rods. I'm slow, and could not find a price option for fixing a tweaked op-rod. Is that part of the refinish?

Oprod bends are $45. You would simply write that in to the comments section. Shipping would be whatever it costs to get them to me by USPS priority mail or the flat rate shipping with $100 insurance. More insurance is $2 per $100 of coverage.