Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start of a Build

Start of a Build

Been selling rifles to raise cash but ran across this HRA barreled receiver and I couldnt pass it up. Came with HRA windage and elevations knobs and HRA clip latch.
    I have all the parts to finish the build but the problem is the finish is so nice on this BR my parts look shabby when installed.
    Guess the addiction goes on

"I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I was trying something similar to raise funds for and IHC and my BM-59 builds but interesting receivers keep coming up for sale that I have a hard time passing up.

I have two builds in the works. A Win 1.32 lead dip heal and Springfield 6.09mil. I have parts for both. The Win 1.32 is going to be a "Rebuild" as I have a nice '65 barrel. I have other Winchester parts such as the Bolt and the Front gas cylinder, front sight. I just need to decide it I want Tim to refinish the front sight or leave it in the worn out look. The 6.09 was a B/R with a NM 1953 barrel which measures TE 5 and Me of 3. The finish on this one is pretty worn. I can't decide what I want to do with it. Send it to Tim for a repark and have a new barrel installed or just put it together and shot the crap out of it until I really need to replace something. The questions that come up when building rifles.
    Last edited by Brinks352; 08-05-2013 at 11:11 PM.

We always tell people that the finish of the parts never matched anyway. The parts were parked at different times in different parking solutions etc, etc etc. That's why they are not the same color and it really doesn't matter. BUT...... when it comes to our own rifles, well, that's a different story. I know...I do it too.
    Last edited by jak; 08-06-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

I got all excited when I saw the serial number. I have one that's only one number off, but it's 900 S/N away...5,656,071

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    We always tell people that the finish of the parts never matched anyway. The parts were parked at different times in different parking solutions etc, etc etc. That's why they are not the same color and it really doesn't matter. BUT...... when it comes to our own rifles, well, that's a different story. I know...I do it too.
    I'm not looking so much for a color match but a op rod that has almost no wear that matches the excellent condition of finish on the barrel receiver
    Seems like when I dont need one they are for sale everywhere but when I need one they cant be found
    I have had to return two , the finish wear wasnt bad but the tabs were worn out of spec
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Crap,

Now there is a five digit receiver up for sale on the CMP fourms. I think people really need to stop selling things I want

I know of one, but it isn't cheap . (NOT MINE)

I want one, but I don't need one "yet".

I should not ask this. What are the details on the one you know of?

I was referring to the HRA op-rod

I'll give Bill first shot since he's been looking.

NP, I do not need one of those.

If I did then I would have to find all the other parts including a HRA B/R. At least I have a nice HRA stock if I ever do.