Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you expect a magazine?

Would you expect a magazine?

I sold a guy in Florida an M1 carbine recently. The trigger group had some issues (unbeknownst to me) and as a result I offered to take the rifle back or replace the springs. He's opting to keep it. Anyway, he is also complaining that I didn't include a magazine with it. It never even crossed my mind that there is an expectation that when you buy a M1 Carbine that you'll get a magazine with it. Would any of YOU make that assumption? I sent him multiple pictures of the rifle and none included a mag.

Not unless it was listed in the ad. I know the CMP didn't give magazines when they sold a carbine.....
    !

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    Not unless it was listed in the ad. I know the CMP didn't give magazines when they sold a carbine.....
    I pointed out the same thing to him. I think his feelings are still hurt.

Did you include the service manual, carbine books, cleaning rod etc? Some people want something for nothing. I would never ship any mags in fear of breaking some obscure local law.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MH53GUNNER View Post
    I would never ship any mags in fear of breaking some obscure local law.
    Good point, I hadn't even considered that.

When I sell on Ebay I always say in the ad that what you see in the picture is what you get unless otherwise specified. I don't do that here on BT because we all know each other and I don't think there would ever be a problem. While I don't think you owe him a magazine I would probably send him one as a symbol of goodwill. I'm over 700 sales on Ebay with 100% positive feedback mostly selling Harley parts and you know how picky Harley owners are! So I've had to occasionally eat a part, spring, cover ect in order to keep the 100%.
    Bill

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I bought My Carbine Years ago,but it did not have a mag,so in answer to Your question,I would say no.
    Ryan
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Patriot
    When buying a carbine, I would not assume it came with a magazine but if I was buying a Ruger 10-22 I would assume the mag came with it. Obviously this is somethng should be clarified prior to the sale, but you are past that point. So as PaidR said, you may want to give him one for goodwill.

A used item for sale is sold specifically per the description.

If he wants to get a free gun sock, a coupon for 10% off his next purchase, a hat and a t-shirt, he should buy his guns at a chain store. Otherwise, you get exactly what the seller is selling you. If you didn't indicate any accessories were part of the sale, then they weren't.

That's why they're called accessories.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

I bought 20 carbines from the CMP,not a one came with a mag,but when I sold them I included a correct mag.
    The pictures and the add stressed correct mag with the sale.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.