Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is CMP's long term plan?

War Room Ready

What is CMP's long term plan?

One has to wonder what their plan is when it comes to a replacement riffle for the M1. I can only assume they have started to scratch the bottom of the barrel so to speak with the introduction of the service grade special. One just has to wonder how many receivers they have to keep that up. The odds are slim to none they'll ever sell modified M1A's & M16's. So, the question remains. What will replace it, if anything?

Probably nothing. I forget the actual number, but the Cmp has gajillions in its annuity.
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ttwn0324 View Post
    p. The odds are slim to none they'll ever sell modified M1A's & M16's.

Actually, the odds are 100% NONE
    [SIGPIC]

This is why people need to quit brow beating others when talk of the Korean rifles comes up. Those Korean rifles may be all that we have in a very short time. The mindset that "we're sick of hearing about these rifles, only the cpm has the quality we deserve" is DEAD, or should be.

War Room Ready
    Yeah, I don't know. A lot of political power plays going on with them. Supposedly someone bought them and parts for $26 million. Rumor has it as Century. As I see it the problem with them is the people on our side of the pond see the floor price just falling out if they were to be imported. As usual, it's about money. As for the 781k carbines the Korean's have. Those I would say, if they're not repatriated may never see the US shores again.

War Room Ready
    Well, Obama is taking executive action and banning government practice that lets military weapons, sold or donated by the U.S. to allies, be reimported into the U.S. by private entities.

Those Korean rifles have been talked about for many years. I remember the Korean Imports in the early 1980's "most" were worn out junkers that Blue Sky reparked just so they would sell.
    Bought my first M1 Carbine then, it "looked" new but grouped like a shotgun. I still have it and have since replaced the barrel and stock and its a decent shooter. I paid $150 for it then
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

My hope is that every last one of those rifles come back.

Punch, could you please edit your message. This is not the War Room.

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Those Korean rifles have been talked about for many years. I remember the Korean Imports in the early 1980's "most" were worn out junkers that Blue Sky reparked just so they would sell.
    Bought my first M1 Carbine then, it "looked" new but grouped like a shotgun. I still have it and have since replaced the barrel and stock and its a decent shooter. I paid $150 for it then
    Think the Blue Sky imports still color the waters for the Korean riffles. The saga of the Korean riffles is long enough and big enough for a book. Biggest thing is Korea's selling of arms, that we sent them, has just been chapping our military's rear for years. Lee Tae-hoon the Korea times has written articles on the subject. Her is one of his about ammo exports to us http://koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nat...13_104268.html The Def homepage http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/cate...ction_205.html

And it was Century Arms with the winning. Washington Post "Mark Barnes, a national firearms attorney based in D.C., said restricting these imports made no sense since they were destined for curio collectors. Barnes represents Century Arms Inc., who has spent two years seeking a permit to re-import nearly 80,000 M1 Garand rifles from South Korea, which was used widely by the U.S. armed forces in World War Two."
    Last edited by ttwn0324; 09-01-2013 at 08:33 PM.