Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama Executive Order to End the CMP

Patriot

Obama Executive Order to End the CMP

http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/29/ob...nship-program/

We knew this was coming. Until we have a new President that fully supports the Constitution, nothing will stop this.

CMP doesnt Import anything. Should not have any affect on them
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

The word "import" means to bring goods into a country from abroad to sell. The CMP has brought goods into this country for sale from Greece has it not? I seem to remember Orest telling us years ago how the CMP had to pay for all the freight to get those rifles here. Now if the military were to bring rifles back it would not be importing because the rifles are given to the CMP.

Still, hell with the CMP, I couldn't care any less about a non profit. My concern is for the poor SOB's who have made lives out of importing old war rifles and pistols for sale. Imagine the impact this will have on their families, their employees, the folks who are lending them money. This isn't right, it isn't legal, it is a terrible thing done by a tyrant, ignored by rinos, and forced on us. My federal government couldn't possibly make me any more sick, thugs, criminals and sub humans the entire lot.

CMP "may" have paid the freight but I would bet if they did they reimbursed the Army
    The way I understand CMP only gets what the Army turns over to them.
    Now when it comes to ammo etc, I understand CMP did buy this direct from Greece.
    Again I may have it all wrong but thats the way I understand it.
    Yes I agree Tim it is a bunch of ****
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

That the CMP is allowed to stay in business while the private for profits lose their business models is pure cronyism!

War Room Ready
    That article is wrong. The rifles they get are lend-lease and repatriated through the army.

Patriot
    Given how the "great one" operates, barrry can end whatever he wants to, at any time. Nothing is sacred with the group running things. Best thing we all can do is order our max limit of rifles before the whole thing is shut down. PLEASE REMEMBER.......the same guy in charge of the CMP was the same guy running "captian crunch". Am sure he has not problem about advising how the system works.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by ttwn0324 View Post
    That article is wrong. The rifles they get are lend-lease and repatriated through the army.
    The White House announced on Thursday that it intends to “ban almost all re-imports of military surplus firearms to private entities” through executive order, which would effectively shut down the 110-year-old Civilian Marksmanship Program.

I think you guys are missing the whole idea. The ban is on "re-imports" of military firearms. In other words, any firearm that was exported by the United States to another Country will now be banned from re-entry into the United States, with the possible exception of returning it to the Military, or a museum. Neither the Military nor the museums will be allowed to sell these firearms to private individuals. CMP is a private entity, much like the Post Office. They have relied on the sale of these firearms to support their gun education programs. Once their current supply is gone, that will be the end of the firearms sales. This all stems from the UN treaties banning the transfers of military weapons from Country to Country for private individuals and circumvents the Second Amendment.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    That the CMP is allowed to stay in business while the private for profits lose their business models is pure cronyism!
    Tim, please explain further. What do you mean by "business models", and how are they being lost?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    CMP doesnt Import anything. Should not have any affect on them

You're fishing. Don't let semantics put you at ease. These are the same people who don't know the difference between a clip and a mag or a bullet and a cartridge or automatic and semi-automatic. The fact is, the intent is to stop ALL those guns from coming back into the country - ALL OF THEM. They are not going to let some "well, we don't technically 'import' them" loop hole stop that. No different than all the knuckleheads in the commie states that are all happy that they think they now get to keep their garands because the new law saws "detachable mag" and not "enbloc". if they think "enbloc" isn't next, they are too stupid to be allowed to live
    [SIGPIC]