Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The post office Should Go Under!

The post office Should Go Under!

Well, after an e-bay sale that was shipped over 1 month ago, I checked the tracking and I see the package is now on it's way back to me. I would expect that the receiver did not accept delivery, and who could blame them. 1 month from ny to Texas is a bit long. Now, will the usps refund my e-bay fees and postage?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Unfortunatly only with Priority Mail express are times garunteed
    I did have a rifle take a week to go from Ohio to Texas when it should have been there in 3 days and a package took 8 days to go 200 miles.
    Other than that over the several hundreds of packages I have shipped all arrived on time and no damage. Maybe Ive been lucky??

I did notice that just receintly tracking accuracy has improved 100% and $50 worth of Insurance now comes with Priority Mail.
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Stu

I am waiting on an 03a3 stock from cali. According to the tracking it will be delivered on the 18th of September. Well that did not happen. It also shows that package is still in cali. I feel your pain bro!
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Unfortunatly only with Priority Mail express are times garunteed
    I did have a rifle take a week to go from Ohio to Texas when it should have been there in 3 days and a package took 8 days to go 200 miles.
    Other than that over the several hundreds of packages I have shipped all arrived on time and no damage. Maybe Ive been lucky??

I did notice that just receintly tracking accuracy has improved 100% and $50 worth of Insurance now comes with Priority Mail.
    Tracking accuracy has improved 100%????!!!!! My arse it's improved, not on my end anyways. I still do not provide tracking numbers because when I check on them they say my packages either are sitting at the Jerome post office or they don't even have record past some hub point. Maybe 40% of my packages are tracked properly.

Have you tried tracking lately? USPS supposably updated because of all the complaints, new tracking started I think in August
    I know what you mean though, used to be it never showed the package moved until it was delivered.
    Last couple packages I tracked showed every stop. I'm not sticking up for them just stating my results
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

Yes, I've tried tracking lately.

Here is the package tracking as of today. Notice it took 3 weeks initially to move from my PO to the sort facility, which are about 1/4 mile apart. Also note the package is getting closer to me. It was going to Texas but it took the scenic route through several other states and now it's in new jersey. They really do suck (the usps).

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

September 22, 2013, 5:05 am

JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

Scheduled Delivery Day:
    September 19, 2013

USPS Tracking™

Depart USPS Sort Facility

September 18, 2013

DALLAS, TX 75398

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

September 18, 2013, 7:45 am

DALLAS, TX 75398

September 16, 2013

DES MOINES, IA 50395

September 16, 2013, 11:36 am

DES MOINES, IA 50395

September 16, 2013

CINCINNATI, OH 45235

September 15, 2013, 2:08 pm

CINCINNATI, OH 45235

September 13, 2013

JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

September 13, 2013, 9:25 am

JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

September 13, 2013, 8:10 am

BROOKLYN, NY 11234

Electronic Shipping Info Received

August 25, 2013
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    What your info says to me is that you printed a label on 8/25/13 and it didn't get to the sort facility until 9/13/13. So it sat somewhere's in Brooklyn that whole time, either at your place or the postal station. That's the way it looks.

If it's an Ebay sale and if you refunded to your Ebay customer you can cancel the transaction if if buyer agrees when Ebay contacts him then transaction goes away and you fees are refunded.

If item was paid for via paypal and it showed it was covered by buyer protection you don't have to worry. Under $150. (may be higher) you out of it and purchaser makes a claim. Ebay/Paypal take care of it.

Have shipped ALOT of packages thru USPS. They handle millions upon millions of packages. Big USPS centers like probably what Brooklyn is will have a proportionate amount of "what happened". If you sell on Ebay and take Paypal that's what the fees are for. Your and your customers protection. For awhile I was getting hit bigtime with "I never got it" complaints. That has all but disappeared because if the customer has to go to Ebay/Paypal they track the level of complaints. I use to cover the "missing" items, not any more.

And.......Part of being in "business" means this is the kind of stuff you have to deal with. Missing packages, idiot customers, customers who are thieves, crappy vendors, the U.S. Gov't, the state Gov't, and on some days us the seller who fouls up, and any combination of these.
    Last edited by ordmm; 09-23-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Hey Stu
    just curious ,how did you ship? Standard Mail, First Class, Priority?

Standard post. I think it used to be parcel post. Priority or first class from now on though.