Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMP now selling parts

CMP now selling parts

Parts list up on E-store
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I see that, neat, infinite% mark up. I don't sell parts so it doesn't mean squat to me, probably even helps. Those that do sell parts are probably throwing up right now though.

They were leaving money on the table on clip latches $15 each but their stripped bolts are high. Alot of them are marked reparked, buttplates $20 which is good if checkering isnt worn
    Thats the thing there are no pics or real descriptions of condition
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    They were leaving money on the table on clip latches $15 each but their stripped bolts are high. Alot of them are marked reparked, buttplates $20 which is good if checkering isnt worn
    Thats the thing there are no pics or real descriptions of condition
    Like any government funded agency, the pricing makes perfect sense.

Patriot
    The only good deals were the clip latch at $15. and the follower arm at $8. No op rod catches listed. The rest of the parts priced OK I guess, but no screaming deals. Long time ago heard they were short on op-rods and gas cylinders. Bolts are crazy high what with all the new in wrap complete bolts to be had for $65. - $75. Extractors at $8. is a fairly good deal if in nice shape. Extractor, clip latch, op-catch, and follower arm are all high buck to run new production on. Too much monkey motion geometry production issues going on.
    With a rumored 50K drill rifles to be parted figured the quantities were just about unlimited. But think maybe they were testing the waters on pricing so to speak. Would imagine clip latches and follower arms will reappear at a higher price. One thing for sure...the CMP don't make "we sold it too cheap" mistake anymore. On the upside is their GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I expect customers will be sending back parts for exchange or refund if they don't meet expectations. Glad I'm not corrupt...........
    Last edited by ordmm; 09-30-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Prices on bolts are more than Packrats.I see a lot of praise for the high prices ahead
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Ya and they are stripped bolts

Patriot
    Another good deal...Op rod catches $12. They won't last long

If I sold parts, I'd go to the CMP forum parts section and advertise all the parts I have that are less expensive than the CMP prices and not mention my others.

examples

"I have complete bolts for X dollars and that's $5 under the price the CMP sells them for!"

"I have follower arms for X dollars and that's $.50 less than the CMP price!"

At the end of your ad you could also list your company sales and state that you are not in this to make a profit, you do it for love of the hobby. Profit seems to be a bad word at the CMP sometimes despite the salary of some CMP officials.

Do the parts come with a used toothbrush?
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"