Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This was probaly the WORST question to ask....

Patriot

This was probaly the WORST question to ask....

Sorry, just seemed to be the question to ask...all things considered.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=119662

Oh, I saw it. You will receive the wrath from hell for even questioning, of course you already knew that.

War Room Ready
    What better way to spend some vacation time on then riling up diehard CMP groupies.

Quote Originally Posted by ttwn0324 View Post
    What better way to spend some vacation time on then riling up diehard CMP groupies.
    This is outstanding. Its already turned into you want instant gratification....LOL

Truth is, you deliver a quality product in a timely manner...this has nothing to do with supporting the CMP. It is a fair question, but my favorite response is Zvenoman.

I'm eating this up...

War Room Ready
    I have know idea how many riffles they are sending out the door everyday. But I can imagine if the custom shop is any thing like the riffle side, waiting line is going to long.

Guys are using the analogy that quality takes time....

So the minute CMP says they'll bed a stock, they are held in the high regards of the handful of old time M1 guru's across the country that have an 18 month backlog?

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Oh, I saw it. You will receive the wrath from hell for even questioning, of course you already knew that.
    Of course I knew it. But 'ya know sometimes reading a bunch of crap some blowmeisters post really gets me nuts. When I'm late shipping people send me emails calling me out on late delivery (much deserved and no real excuse) but when CMP spends a whole lot of months doing it some people get orgasms about it. Can't figure it out. Would imagine Orest will get real testy tomorrow and I will get banned. No loss. Maybe I'll start shipping on time. Grin. (Picked that up from Gus Fisher)

Patriot
    Just remember. I'm a lazy retired former Government employee. At this stage of my life I don't care. But..anyway I appreciate how you feel.
    Last edited by ordmm; 10-09-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by ttwn0324 View Post
    Vacation? I hav'nt worked since 2002...and I retired in 2012. Been on vacation since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    Of course I knew it. But 'ya know sometimes reading a bunch of crap some blowmeisters post really gets me nuts. When I'm late shipping people send me emails calling me out on late delivery (much deserved and no real excuse) but when CMP spends a whole lot of months doing it some people get orgasms about it. Can't figure it out. Would imagine Orest will get real testy tomorrow and I will get banned. No loss. Maybe I'll start shipping on time. Grin. (Picked that up from Gus Fisher)
    You pose an interesting phenomenon. When I started my business model here's how I did it;
    A. I took into account my past experiences with the gun industry. Yep, I just took my personal experiences and applied them to my business. I tried to get a rifle parked once and was told to call back in 3 months! No, not to send it in 3 months but to call back in 3 months to see if I could send it!
    B. I come from a fast food background almost entirely right out of college. We had a 30 second drive thru window expectation and a 3 minute total wait in the drive thru from the moment you entered the drive thru stack. Why those expectations? Because the customers expect their stuff in a timely fashion in comparison to the other vendors in the business.
    C. I noticed that the "big names" in my business had turn times that were WAY WAY out there. Past a year in many cases. I looked at some of their work, got some feedback from some who had it done. It is MY opinion that EGO was the driving force in many cases to have these vendors do your work. The ability to say that "I had my rifle worked on by the famous xyz gunsmith and it took 2 years for the work" really appeals to some.
    D. Wherever I went and looked at forum comments from those who got rifles back from xyz gunsmith I ultimately found the comment "it took 2 years but it was WORTH the WAIT". The very fact that they mention "it was worth the wait" told me that speed of service was a factor to them in the back of their mind but they justified the wait because their ego was fed by, in many cases, being able to say xyz did the work.
    E. I found a silent majority who would comment on such posts with things like "wow, 2 years", "that's a long time to do a gun", "I don't know if I could wait that long", ...

I became convinced that if a new company, like mine, was to break into this business, it had to be fast. It also had to do a few other things like: Listen, empathize, not talk above the customer, not be condescending to the customer, it had to treat the customer like the customer is actually a customer. I found this key aspect lacking in my conversations with vendors. I actually had some vendors insult me when I simply asked about their turn around times. They were literally offended because I even asked.

I started at 5 day turnaround time, had to go to 30 when the 2012 shootings happened, just caught up to go back to 5 but have to have hand surgery. After the surgery is over, barring any other tragedy in our industry, I'll be back to five days.

You can get quality in five business days! During normal times I can do three park jobs a day. If I do my own rifles, where parts swapping is not a factor, I can do 6 rifles a day. A clown can do 1 rifle a day, it isn't hard. Remember, parkerizing is simply refinishing a rifle and assembling it. It is not doing any real work on it. There is no real skill involved in simply assembling a rifle so this nonsensical crap about you can't get quality, speed, and cheap from one vendor is just that, crap.