Thread: CMP parts question

Founding Member

CMP parts question

Is the complete stock ferrule listed for sale actually complete with sling swivel and screw?

Founding Member
    I contacted CMP and the answer is, "no". I wonder what an incomplete stock ferrule looks like?

So a complete ferrule isnt complete, no swivel and screw?? Isnt that false advertising??
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I'm so confused. I don't get their descriptions at all.

A while back I spoke on the phone with some of the peeps down there in Anniston. While being very nice individuals I came away from the conversation thinking they are not "gun people" at all. There may be one or two, probably lead armorers, store sales and the higher ranking competition folks but the average CMP employee is not. I say this because I do not think the person you spoke to knows what a complete stock ferrule in order to differentiate. So when posed with the question "Are your stock ferrules complete?" their choice is this: They could say "No!" and then you get a complete one making you happy or they can say "I do not know" and sound incompetent and your left without an answer.
    !

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    A while back I spoke on the phone with some of the peeps down there in Anniston. While being very nice individuals I came away from the conversation thinking they are not "gun people" at all. There may be one or two, probably lead armorers, store sales and the higher ranking competition folks but the average CMP employee is not. I say this because I do not think the person you spoke to knows what a complete stock ferrule in order to differentiate. So when posed with the question "Are your stock ferrules complete?" their choice is this: They could say "No!" and then you get a complete one making you happy or they can say "I do not know" and sound incompetent and your left without an answer.
    Ditto,this answer sounds best...I wish they had the illustrations, and would put them on all items for sale..makes it easier to order for me...

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    Normally I would agree 100% with you, but the head cheese of the armorers (Phil New) was the person that replied.

He said the ferrule swivel and screw did not come with the stock ferrule and said they are listed as individual parts...

Founding Member
    I hope I have good luck with the parts...Looks like someone ralphed on the listings...I did my best and tried to pick a few correct spares to keep my little sisters happy, Happy, and shooting for my family..