Thread: Oh where, oh where has all the HK kits gone?

War Room Ready

Oh where, oh where has all the HK kits gone?

Yep, think these of gone the way of the Galil kits (Hard to find and way over priced). Luckily, it looks like I can piecemeal a build together. I can thank "Old Guard" for getting me to look at these again with his postings.

Hard to find almost always equals "over priced". I hope you get a rocking project going.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttwn0324 View Post
    Yep, think these of gone the way of the Galil kits (Hard to find and way over priced). Luckily, it looks like I can piecemeal a build together. I can thank "Old Guard" for getting me to look at these again with his postings.
    Hi, Glad I could be of Service to you...I will most likely burn some more powder in a few days..I need to check out the 91 again, it fired pretty good two weeks ago..Plus the garand trinket i bought for my barrel. It is the muzzel device for an e type garand...it sure looks sexy to me...the holes were cut for better reduction of recoil..I have got to get my son to make somemore cell photos of my stuff..

G3 kits seem to be going for around $500 with original barrels, which means you can buy a factory gun (even an import) for less than a build would cost if you use a gunsmith.
    Sarco kits are still listed at $445, but out of stock.
    What're you building?

Eli

Have you tried Apex gun parts?
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

War Room Ready
    Yeah, I have looked at Apex, RTG, HKparts and ran away from Florida Gunworks. I have found a couple private sellers. One looks to be a HK & FDM kit and another looks to be a straight up demilled HK G3. Both in the neighborhood of $800. Which the only way I'd pay that is for the HK G3. But by the time you get done with 922R, what's the point.

Eli, you're right. Even with me doing the build puts me in the price range of a new PTR 91.

Quote Originally Posted by ttwn0324 View Post
    Yeah, I have looked at Apex, RTG, HKparts and ran away from Florida Gunworks. I have found a couple private sellers. One looks to be a HK & FDM kit and another looks to be a straight up demilled HK G3. Both in the neighborhood of $800. Which the only way I'd pay that is for the HK G3. But by the time you get done with 922R, what's the point.

Eli, you're right. Even with me doing the build puts me in the price range of a new PTR 91.
    Hell, it puts you in the range of an FMP XG3S or other 1989-1994 ban-era factory gun.

Eli

922 means nothing to me. Absurd law and I choose to just ignore it.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau