Thread: Mil Surp?

Mil Surp?

This was my latest addition to the gun room. [URL=http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/falover57/media/029_zps1234fea8.jpg.html][/URL]

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    What is it?
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Czech ZB-37. Hence my name ZBeast. Gun, tripod,stock extension,AA sight and mount, 1 ammo can and 2 100 rd. metal belts was $550.00 +tax+auction fee= $676.50. I got the belt loader and another belt from a collector for $200.00. This is a Venezuelan contract gun in 7mm Mauser. Ammo is a bitch to find here for a reasonable price so I am looking for a large barrel blank in 7.62 that I can get machined to fit this thing. It is a 12.3 CA (converted auto) here in Canada. Semi auto only. This is one very tight,well machined piece of weaponry. ( and heavy ).

Very neat oddity you have there. Be neat to have in a nice ground blind, a challenge to take a deer with.

Founding Member

7mm. rifles

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Very neat oddity you have there. Be neat to have in a nice ground blind, a challenge to take a deer with.
    Too bad about the price of ammo..one of my first mil surps was a 7mm mauser, I converted it to sporter stock and took several deer with it..It shoots great with 140 soft-tips..But it did not look like AA-gun, as this does???

Wisconsin squirrel gun.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Cadet
    A little history. The ZB was used by the brits in their armoured vehicles during the late great hate as the BESA in 8mm Mauser no less. The gun in full auto can shoot groups . It almost lacks a useful cone of fire. i.e. it needs the gunner to impart traverse to obtain a beaten zone. I watched the late Kent Lomont use one at Knob Creek 20 years ago and it was very impressive.