Thread: nics Check At CMP Pro Shop?

nics Check At CMP Pro Shop?

Am I reading this thread wrong, or does the CMP do a nics check on rifle repairs?
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=121014
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

War Room Ready
    Looks like you read it right.

So what do they do if you pop? Confiscate?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

They send it to auction....

NCIS check everytime...read it right.

I cant wait to read this post:

CMP Pro Shop Does It Right!
    Just sent -about 2 years ago-my all correct and original 1942 Garand to the Pro Shop for a clean and inspect. Not only did they remove all that nasty patina, they replaced a lot of my old parts with brand new re-parked ones! And to add the icing on the cake, they did a FREE NICS CHECK!. I've had problems in the past-my name is Albert DeSalvo-so I got a call from the sweet ladies at Anniston saying that I wont be seeing my rifle anytime in the foreseeable future, but that's OK 'cause I know my baby is in the capable hands of the CMP! Thank you oh mighty exalted Orest for going the extra mile for us!!!

I have many firearms for sale on GB with a dealer.If in the long run they do not sell.
    I have to have a NICS check to get them back, for my own firearms.PITA.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by LEAD POISON View Post
    I have many firearms for sale on GB with a dealer.If in the long run they do not sell.
    I have to have a NICS check to get them back, for my own firearms.PITA.
    LP, that may be a little different. I think when you consign a firearm, you are sort of selling it to the dealer in a way. Tim is on top this i believe.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    LP, that may be a little different. I think when you consign a firearm, you are sort of selling it to the dealer in a way. Tim is on top this i believe.
    If i remember it correctly, She told me it was about $200.00 in fees,{Consignment} and yes, you pay for a background check, $10..00 here, to get it back???It has to be listed on her books...I changed my mind, after considering that mess...I can sell it off my shoulder and clear more money, until they change somemore laws...to prevent such actions?

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    That is correct.