Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parkerizing a SKS

Patriot

Parkerizing a SKS

Tim,

I recently acquired a Norinco SKS for a song, It has some pitting and needs a good refinishing. Can / Will you park this weapon? I know it was originally blued, but I don't care.

Thanks
    Justin
    Last edited by jbkf1003; 12-04-2013 at 12:20 AM.

I parkerized one about 4 years ago, it was mine. Send me an email and I'll give you the details.

SKS's should be blue.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAD POISON View Post
    SKS's should be blue.
    Is there some reason for that, or just because that's the way Sergei Simonov designed it?

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    Is there some reason for that, or just because that's the way Sergei Simonov designed it?
    no,you can park them,LP is just an old dung buzzard
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Founding Member
    Another Tip about These rifles.. I cut that fierce old bad bayonette mount off my SKS..Then decided to turn that entire mount around and make a great flash hider, also helps control muzzel rise .. not intended to offend any of you whom are SKS purist..but it was not a Russain model at least..GRIN..I kept the spike for a great tent peg.....Og.

Patriot
    I just want a decent looking rifle that is reliable and shoots Minute of Man. This rifle has the bayonet attached, but it's not with an original Norinco pin, makes me think it was imported as a 'Sporting Rifle' and the mounted bayonet takes it out of 922r compliance. I think to be 'legal' I would need to ditch they bayonet, or replace parts. I'm not opposed to replacing any Chinese parts with US made ones, though it could get pricy.

Justin

Founding Member
    Simply saw off the mount and polish it out..I bought it when they had the Legal spikes, Then the law changed...I put it in a US montecarlo stock, added a removable US made 30 rnd mag..If you like it can be a 20 round mag...Changed the whole character of the rifle...To those whom feel it is pea-shooter, this is the same type rifle that the Cambodian migrate Killed 7 hunters with,..up north a few years back. The 7.62x39 round is pretty strong for over 300 yards...Pierces 1/4 mild steel targets too..Great training rifle for young shooters..

Patriot
    Defiantly more stopping power than the jacket 22s we use now.

I think I'm going to chop it. I can use 10 round detachable mags in NY if I chop the lug.

You use the tapco mags? Do they feed well?

Thanks
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    Tim,

I recently acquired a Norinco SKS for a song, It has some pitting and needs a good refinishing. Can / Will you park this weapon? I know it was originally blued, but I don't care.

Thanks
    Justin
    If your new to SKS's Here is the best info you can read.
    http://yooperj.com/
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.