Thread: Sounds as though CMP does build Correct Grades

Sounds as though CMP does build Correct Grades

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=124191
    This oughta stir up a hornets nest
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    It is only wrong when someone who is not employed by the CMP corrects a rifle and then it is only a corrected rifle,but if the CMP does it,it is correct...period.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Patriot
    Have always figured anything that has gone thru the CMP in the last 2 to 3 years has been messed with in some way or another. (the Taiwanese allen screws on the M1C mounts is a small example) Guess it's up to the purchaser to decide if what they have makes them happy. Neat thing is all the service grade specials with the pretty much just about mint metal but with repro wood have driven up the price in exc+ GI wood to crazy levels. Would not doubt many pull the wood from the of the really nice Greek SG rifles from 3 or 4 years to ago to cash out. CMP has really created a "collector" market all unto itself.

Founding Member
    CMP has Created a Market says a lot..I agree, most have gone beyond all reasonable limits in price...I was in total shock on my first trip to the Ss....Junk at premium prices, scattered all around...Except the specials and they were double what I expected in price...But very nice for late wood.... if I offend some one here, SORRY, But I DO NOT WORSHIP AT the CMP ALTAR.....

War Room Ready
    Of course they do. Then they put them up for auction.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttwn0324 View Post
    Of course they do. Then they put them up for auction.
    This action had been noted, So I put up the money for the HRA service model...Waited over 90 days...I believe that they are deliberately scrambling the parts....First it made me a little sad, Now I see I am NOT going to spend a bunch more money to try to Correct that rifle...It might just stay in the Safe...Brand new upper, but an Sa op rod and trigger group..I did spent 2 hours steaming the dents and initials out of the stock and grips..Certainly made me determined NOT to order another one, as the same parts would be wrong..I did also note if you bought FOUR, that you could get the good parts..So SURE...