Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GM Elects New CEO & It's a

War Room Ready

GM Elects New CEO & It's a

If nothing else showed you the Government controls the board of GM, this surely should.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebuss...ertainly-wont/

They stopped short of electing her as chairman though. Not that she isn't qualified or hasn't been groomed for the job. Hope her the best. Will wait for the arse kissing PR to die down to get a better understanding of her rise especially after the bailout. A little background info.

" Ms. Mary T. Barra serves as Chief of Product Development of General Motors Company. Ms. Barra serves as Executive Vice President of Global Product Development & Global Purchasing and Supply Chain at General Motors Company. She served as Senior Vice President of Global Product Development at General Motors Company since February 1, 2011. She served as Vice President of Global Human Resources at General Motors Company from July 30, 2009 to February 1, 2011. Ms. Barra served as an Executive Director of Vehicle Manufacturing Engineering of General Motors Corporation (now Motors Liquidation Company) until July 2009. She served as Vice President of Global Manufacturing Engineering at Motors Liquidation Company from February 1, 2008 to July 2009. She has also held a number of engineering and staff positions, including plant manager, Detroit Hamtramck Assembly Plant; executive director of Competitive Operations Engineering; and general director of Internal Communications for GM North America. She began her career with General Motors in 1980 as a General Motors Institute (Kettering University) co-op student at the Pontiac Motor Division. She has been Director of General Dynamics Corp. since March 15, 2011. Ms. Barra serves on the Kettering University Board of Trustees and Inforum Center for Leadership Board of Directors. She was named one of Automotive News' 100 Leading Women in the North American Auto Industry" in 2005, and again in 2010. In 2010, she also earned Kettering Alumni Association's Management Achievement Award for her specific contributions with positive and lasting effects in the field of management. Ms. Barra received a GM fellowship to the Stanford Graduate School of Business. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from General Motors Institute (Kettering University). She holds an MBA in Business Administration from Stanford Graduate School of Business in 1990."

Does nothing for me. GM has only had a single product I could be interested in for the last 20 years. The only product I have liked is the new Camaro, very sexy indeed. The rest of their product line looks terrible to me. I'm a truck guy, their trucks just don't muster in my opinion. I was raised GM, family supported on GM, and I drive Ford. My truck has to pull, look good, be durable, and I like my Super Duty's. The wife has never liked the GM product line, she's tried it and they've been junk for us. The wife likes Jeep but I think they're junk too, at least they look cool though Ironically she drives a Honda Pilot now and doesn't care for it much. I say what's not to like, it's non union, it runs, we haven't had to put any money into it. I can't say that for one Jeep she's owned.

Treasury sells rest of GM stock, ends bailout with $10.5-billion loss

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...#ixzz2n6rO52pC

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...#axzz2n6rG1mfG

Good call, democrats. Good call!
    [SIGPIC]

Isn't it funny how in the article on the new GM President that it mentions GM no longer owing the federal government any money. Nope, debt paid in full.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    Treasury sells rest of GM stock, ends bailout with $10.5-billion loss

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...#ixzz2n6rO52pC

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...#axzz2n6rG1mfG

Good call, democrats. Good call!
    Man, I was just getting ready to put this one up too..Read it just a couple hours ago...Sweet deal for GM...

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Does nothing for me. GM has only had a single product I could be interested in for the last 20 years. The only product I have liked is the new Camaro, very sexy indeed. The rest of their product line looks terrible to me. I'm a truck guy, their trucks just don't muster in my opinion. I was raised GM, family supported on GM, and I drive Ford. My truck has to pull, look good, be durable, and I like my Super Duty's. The wife has never liked the GM product line, she's tried it and they've been junk for us. The wife likes Jeep but I think they're junk too, at least they look cool though Ironically she drives a Honda Pilot now and doesn't care for it much. I say what's not to like, it's non union, it runs, we haven't had to put any money into it. I can't say that for one Jeep she's owned.
    Tim, Did you know the Camero is a BRITISH Design, Gm has farmed out their research....But I liked it too, But it made me pull my back trying to get into the seats..Plus has hugh blindspots to the rear view..Anyway, I still wanted that LOUD V-8 until I asked about Insurance quotes>>>

War Room Ready
    I'm not a fan of any. The all have their problems, some more then others. But, I'm a mechanic and tend to drive whatever I feel has the less problems. Last thing I want to do is work on my own vehicle after work. I drove late model 70's ford ( two favorites been 77 F250 Highboy & 79 F250) till MN rust took its toll, then moved to GM. But, when the Super-Duty's came out. I was all over them once the lease returns started to show up.

Founding Member
    0324, agreed, I have repaired a lot of them too..Was a Diehard GM person for most of my youth...Bought Three Lemons or unsatisfactory cars and trucks in a row..The best of the three was An S-10 and it last for 14 years steady driving..But their attitude really sucked and a bad design was just that, but they would not stand behind their work ...Currently very happy with Toyota....My son is very happy with his 97 Ford F150,4x4, if it would quit spiting out the plugs...it is one very tough truck.GM may never get me to buy another vechicle and so we both go..

new truck 039.jpg

my fire engine
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Patriot
    I would like to comment on the fortunes of GM, but doubt I have any credibility. I owned two Vegas. Not one, But TWO. I hear though, GM does a bit better at their product these days. Barack says so anyway.