Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GM Elects New CEO & It's a

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    I would like to comment on the fortunes of GM, but doubt I have any credibility. I owned two Vegas. Not one, But TWO. I hear though, GM does a bit better at their product these days. Barack says so anyway.
    Take it you moved over to the Dodge Omni afterwards.

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAD POISON View Post
    Attachment 1252

my fire engine
    Nice! Folding power mirrors even?

I've was a GM person. I was a professional wrench (of sorts) too. I switched over to Saturn after a few less than stellar other GM's. I thought that maybe it was true that Saturn was non-union and built a better product. I had two. One lasted to 220k before I wrecked it, the other lasted to 170k when I sold it. I tried to buy another but we all know what happened to Saturn. In the meantime my whole family, and in-laws all were happily driving Honda's. So I decided to follow along. I was happy with it at first but after the rear brakes were wore out @ 27k and Honda refused to fix I was less than thrilled. Then the XM radio died, Honda refused to fix at first. No more Honda. I think their head grew a little too big. I drive a Nissan now and am happy with it. Next is going to be an Infinity or BMW.. whatever the wife chooses, it's her turn.
    !

I also stopped driving GM products in 1995, when I bought my first Dodge truck. Have never looked back. I bought them all used. Drove the crap out of all of them. I have never done any major work on any of them.

Mike
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

The new dodge trucks seem pretty decent but union. The brake issues that Canes has had, had them with two different gm products, one of them twice! Both not covered by warranty in less than 20,000 miles!

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by ttwn0324 View Post
    Take it you moved over to the Dodge Omni afterwards.
    No Omni/Horizon...but was at the end of line for at least half of the Kenosha built ones. My follow-up ride was a Plymouth Sundance. Got me preferred up front parking in the UAW lot. (even though I was salary--"the enemy). Was a good car for us. Don't know anything about the new head of GM. Would imagine that given the history of the Obama administration meddling in GM affairs, she will be somewhat tainted to outsiders. Only those on the inside know the new leaders capabilities. Auto companies get divided into different camps who can make or break management who are potential climbers. Crazy places.

Okay I know I shouldn't say this but, I had 2 Pinto station wagons
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

I would laugh but I had a Mustang II, which was based on the Pinto. Worst car I ever owned.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Patriot
    Must be us Wisc people with weird tastes in cars........Have had nice cars and shitty cars. Whatever was appropriate to the money being earned at the time. Oh yeah...just thought of it...most factory rats had two cars. The nice one we tried to keep salt free,,,and then the winter beater. The $50 or $75 special to make it through the winter. Ah the good old days.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by axemurderer View Post
    I also stopped driving GM products in 1995, when I bought my first Dodge truck. Have never looked back. I bought them all used. Drove the crap out of all of them. I have never done any major work on any of them.

Mike
    Ha, Back in the Guard days, we had Two old power wagon 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive, with slanted six and dog-leg shifter that went back over the seat..That dam ole truck had poor steering, but we could not make it fail.. The chevy and ford issues were not near as good in the 70's.
    I was still owning checys back then..