Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Say The Pledge And Morning Prayers In Public School?

Anyone Else Say The Pledge And Morning Prayers In Public School?

I did. I still remember. Bless this house oh Lord we pray, we gather together to ask the Lord's blessing, G_d is great, G_d is good, and we thank him for our food. I remember them all, word for word. I don't remember anyone being offended. When did all this "offense" start? I'm telling you. This country is a shithole compared to when I grew up. People were friendly. Everyone not only had two parents but they knew who they were. We used words like Sir and Ma'am. Obviously the libtards way is not the right way. I wish we could turn back the clock and get it right this time.

Merry Christmas!! That didn't hurt one bit. Merry Christmas! Easy pease. Nothing to it.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Stu, most of this took hold in the90s. I really think I was one of the last people to actually have a clue. Anyone younger than me (under 40) is generally pretty fucked up
    [SIGPIC]

Patriot
    I'm 32, we said the pledge, no prayers. But we did sing Christmas songs in chorus, and at assemblies.

We did pray before football games though.

Justin

Founding Member
    No prayers for me, but the pledge was standard until High School IIRC.

High school was '84-88.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    No prayers for me, but the pledge was standard until High School IIRC.

High school was '84-88.
    Ditto for me at various schools around Cuyahoga county Ohio.
    !

I went to Catholic schools for grades 1 thru 8, so we did say prayers and the Pledge of Allegiance every morning.
    I went to public schools for 9 -12 and it was only the Pledge of Allegiance. Of course that was the 60's and the 70's.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

I went to public school in the 60's. Being a member of the tribe I never went to Christmas Mass, but I loved the season. Everyone was happy and friendly. We would see friends we hadn't seen in a while. My parents would bring me the manhattan and we would take in the Radio City CHRISTMAS spectacular, see the tree, check out all the lights. I loved Christmas. Bill O'Reilly would probably bash me because I wasn't celebrating the "TRUE" meaning of Christmas, but spending quality time with friends and family and just enjoying that one time of the year that everyone seemed to be nice and happy and full of hope was good for me.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

catholic school. 13 years - K through 12. Every day K through 8 we had pledge and prayer. In high school, we prayed at the beginning of every class - 5 or 6 times a day. pledge was done once a day in the morning over the PA system.
    [SIGPIC]

K-8 Catholic school. 1980s

Not in public High School.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    We said the pledge in grade school in the '80's.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)