Thread: 5.45X39 russian conversion for Ar-15 rifles?

Founding Member

5.45X39 russian conversion for Ar-15 rifles?

okay, guys, Who has done it? I know they sell some hi-dollar parts and uppers for this conversion..I want to know more about this dirty cheap russian ammo that is floating around in big cans..About $.18 cents a round..yes it is long case and it is shorter range stuff..I might ream my barrel, enlarge the bolt head, and buy the new extractor and mag.Someone here most like has done this ? Any one have a side by side shot of these two rounds, .223 and 5.45X39 russian?? Og.

I have two converted rifles. One running a Huldra Arms 5.45x39 16" Gas Piston upper and one with a S&W 16" DI Upper. They use standard lowers with a extra power hammer spring and ASC Magazines. I also use M2 Pmags in mine as well. If your interested in a 16" DI upper rig, shoot me a PM as I'm considering selling it and keeping the Gas Piston upper.

I like the 5.45 round quite a bit and think it has a bit more potential than the 5.56. My uppers are quite accurate out to 200 yards, but I have not had an opportunity to stretch them farther.

This is the S&W upper.

No photos of my Hundra, but visit their site for pics

Best,

Don
    Last edited by kollector03; 12-24-2013 at 12:33 AM.