Thread: WTB M1 Garand Receiver

Patriot

WTB M1 Garand Receiver

Hi Guys,

Looking for a nice Garand receiver for a project, finish isn't important but nice sight serrations are. Manufacturer does not matter either. I'm looking to pay upto $350 shipped, my FFL will receive from an individual.

Thanks
    Justin

Have you found one yet? Have you tried the Garand Guy?

Patriot
    Thanks for the followup. Yes I did just get one lined up over the weekend. I bought a 308 barrel of a guy and just happened to ask him if he had one and I got a nice one for a decent price. You'll be seeing it in a few weeks, still waiting on my CMP stock set and some overpriced reparked parts then it will all be off to you for some time with a carbide cutter...

Thanks
    Justin

Got ya, just wanted to make sure you were able to find what you were looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Have you tried the Garand Guy?
    Garand Guy is not selling receivers. I asked about purchasing a receiver a month or two ago and he said no.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Patriot
    They are getting harder to find. You can go the Gunbroker route if you must, but they are getting up there in price, and alot of the ones I have seen on there have well worn sight serrations, ect.

I have a super nice HRA in original finish, looks brand new. I was going to use it for this project, but just couldn't bring myself to have it cut up. I'll save that for when stripped receivers are going for $750 in a few years...

Justin

Founding Member
    Omg, You must have been talking to someone over at Cmp? The endless supply will eventualy run out over at the arsenal..But $750 each for that part? Our money sure won't be worth much by then? Some of the last ones I have noticed offered are kind of ragged..but Tim could work his magic and make em nice..with the parkin..