Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We need to be ready when OREST puts the SPAm cans on sale..Help me watch..??

Founding Member

We need to be ready when OREST puts the SPAm cans on sale..Help me watch..??

Guessing it will be in the spring, BUTT, Orest has a few 100 thousand Spam cans stored at CMP..I want at least one of them..I drooled all over the screen today looking at that huge pile of crates..But i am always late to the gate on sales??

I help ya but for what they will be selling for I'll pass. Better off getting Prvi
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Patriot
    +1 for Prvi, after the HXP runs out Prvi and Handloads will be my Garand feed of chioce.

I thought Orest said they were not going to sell the spam cans until they run out of the loose stuff first.
    With the recent price increase causing some people not to buy anymore HXP from CMP, I suspect the current inventory
    of loose ammo will last a while longer.

I'm sure Orest is going to put limits on the number of spam cans you can order so there should be plenty to go around.
    I won't be ordering any. I stocked up on spam cans years ago.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Founding Member
    Jak, I guess you had the old price of $60.00 a can? I just want one ,to mess with ,unless they really cut a deal. Which is not very Likely since they are raising the prices of everything including AIR over at CMP?

I havent bought any HXP from CMP since they started selling the loose floor sweepings. I have enough to last me for awhile then will either handload or use Prvi
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Patriot
    Where has Deputy been, I read this post and think of his pictures of ammo. LOL. Mike we miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Jak, I guess you had the old price of $60.00 a can?
    No, not $60.00...more like $45.00/can. That was 6 or 7 years ago.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Founding Member

Cheap HPX spam cans?

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    No, not $60.00...more like $45.00/can. That was 6 or 7 years ago.
    $45. a can,,OMG,,I would have really stacked that DEEP...I could not qualify for the CMP as to the club membership then, It was $500.00 a year..to belong to shooters club, and i can fire in my back-yard at will?? Anyway, I still might try for a can when it happens? I have enough to use already, Esp if I convert over to 7.62 on my main garand? Back to CMP, they really crack me up. If I belonged to the privelage HOT-LINE bunch, I would be broke Cherry-picking the nice toys..Defintely be very tempting..Reading up on API ammo over there..Never even saw any of that in the Guard...and i was in the ammo section for quite a while...Shooting propane bottles, with API,???Yuuummmy.

Founding Member
    250 round metal link cans were put on sale today. $100 + $11.95 shipping. They didn't last long, maybe 4 hours. At just under .45/rd it was a good price compared to the 200 round loose stuff.