Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We need to be ready when OREST puts the SPAm cans on sale..Help me watch..??

Founding Member
    I understand your frustration because you can't buy any, but don't get the "greedy" part. If it was as originally advertised (and I could afford all 300 cans) I would have bought all of it.

It was a great deal with the wrong description...

There is no way I could have shot all of it in my lifetime.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Foreign berdan primed and corrosive?no thanks.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Founding Member

Let me see,,,,Okay..

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    I understand your frustration because you can't buy any, but don't get the "greedy" part. If it was as originally advertised (and I could afford all 300 cans) I would have bought all of it.
    It was a great deal with the wrong description...
    There is no way I could have shot all of it in my lifetime.
    I thought i saw where you canceled, your Linked-ammo order? Maybe, but still i see your opinion too,
    Okay < FRUSTRATED was the real word for it...I get excited about small things sometimes.Putting it in print is not always best..Cuppenlocked, I don't know you yet...But yes, The capitalist way is to buy something and sell it..If you don;t have to store it or have a storefront then you can sell it cheaper..The American way is to buy what you want..Yes, Greedy No,,so Then you take something scarce, and offer it up for sale, and sell it...SA-LA-VEE.Buy all the Garand parts up, make them scarce, then, offer at any price..YES, I tryed for many times to buy some of the Linked Ammo offered,Because i wanted one can.. Did not get it..Frustrated...Let me say this along with it,,I have made many trips to walmart here trying to buy some .22lr ammo, for my own use,there are a couple guys show up everyday and line up and BUY it all.. Mostly it is one case of 10---525 packs of bullets, value pack or simular..they pay less than 25.00 a pack and leave, ALMOST, One or more go out on the parking lot and offer it up to people whom will Pay their price of $80.00 a pack..Now this is really illegal, as it is not paying taxes to state, or federal on this unreported income..Plus violation if they sell it to minors?? All beyond control of myself..Greedy, No, yes, sir , I used the wrong words to describe it..Btw, A member here sold me one of his value packs and I appreciate it..I Am carrying some of it for the bad guys..My 2cents.Enough for today, i might be rambling and the sun is out..Regards,Og.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    $45. a can,,OMG,,I would have really stacked that DEEP...I could not qualify for the CMP as to the club membership then, It was $500.00 a year..to belong to shooters club, and i can fire in my back-yard at will?? Anyway, I still might try for a can when it happens? I have enough to use already, Esp if I convert over to 7.62 on my main garand? Back to CMP, they really crack me up. If I belonged to the privelage HOT-LINE bunch, I would be broke Cherry-picking the nice toys..Defintely be very tempting..Reading up on API ammo over there..Never even saw any of that in the Guard...and i was in the ammo section for quite a while...Shooting propane bottles, with API,???Yuuummmy.
    Yep.... it was so cheep that guys were arriving with trucks to stock up. When I was at the South store during the initial offering a guy blew out the springs on his pick up.
    From the look of the warehouse they will be selling loose ammo for the immediate future. Lot's of loose M2 ball, tracer and AP in the warehouse. Here is a picture of a crate of loose tracer orange tip. Have to find the pics of the warehouse full of spam cans and crates. CMP SOUTH October 16 2013 072.jpgCMP SOUTH October 16 2013 071.jpg
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin