Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1911 Parts Kits from SARCO

1911 Parts Kits from SARCO

This morning big Brown delivered a 1911 Parts Kits with barrel from SARCO. I am very pleasantly surprised with the parts I received as compared to parts from SARCO in the past. The parts were clean but oily as you would expect. The barrel passed the go no go test on head spacing and doesn't need to be finish reamed. I'm going to inspect and count all the parts but so far so good. For $139 well worth the price. Some parts I probably will offer for sale as I usually use Wilson Combat for their spring/pin sets and their sear spring. Now on to Foster Industries for a stainless steel frame/receiver, $153.00.
    Bill
    Last edited by paid4c4; 01-07-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

So on a kit like this you need a frame to complete into a fully functional firearm? If not what are the rest of the parts needed and where to get?
    !

Dan, you need this kit a frame and slide. If you look on their website they are selling out NOS slides from Para Ordinance which are far superior to the slides which come with Sarco kits. I got the Para slide in Stainless steel which came complete with sight cuts and sights, firing pin/spring and stop for $154.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Thanks.. I'll look into it. Sounds like it could be a cheap way to do a BYO 1911.
    !

Dan, Caution! Building 1911's can become habit forming.
    Bill
    Bill

Patriot
    Bill pm in bound

War Room Ready
    Ordered one today, hope it turns out good.

Quote Originally Posted by jjones View Post
    Ordered one today, hope it turns out good.
    I don't know if you have a frame? Sarco is selling Rock Island frames which are so so and will work. I would suggest trying Foster Industries which is the parent company of Caspian. Foster sells frames which are visually seconds, they're good frames just might be mis colored a little. You might also buy a frame from Remsport. Remsport makes frames and rifles under contract for some high end companies who puts their names and serials on the frames. John at Remsport has stainless and steel in stock now. His contact information is: [email protected]
    I just bought two ss frames and a slide from John which should be here this week. His frames use .250 radius on the beavertails and he sells them to fit for 35 dollars. I'll post pictures when the parts get here. I'm building one pistol as a gift to by best friend and shooting buddy, Terry for his birthday. The other I'm building for myself in .460 Rowland to hunt wild pigs, should be a handful.
    Bill
    PS: If you need assistance, advice or tools just ask.
    Bill

War Room Ready
    Still haven't gotten the parts kit yet, how long does it take them to ship?
    I am rebuilding a colt 1911 made in 1918. I have the slide and frame, just need everything else.

Sarco's shipping time is usually 10 days to 2 weeks. I received my two frames from Remsport today and very satisfied. I've already fitted some of the Sarco parts to the new frame, so far so good. Don't hesitate to yell if I can help.
    Bill
    Bill