Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1911 Parts Kits from SARCO

War Room Ready
    Thanks Bill I will.

War Room Ready
    Got the parts in yesterday, all the parts look new,except the grips. They even look good

Quote Originally Posted by jjones View Post
    Got the parts in yesterday, all the parts look new,except the grips. They even look good
    For the $$ it's a heck of a deal. So far I've mounted the safety tube, ejector, trigger and MSH. The ejector was a little fat which is OK as I'd rather fit it and have it right. The ejector mounted in the receiver and the pin went right in. Later today I hope to install the hammer, disc, sear and hopefully the thumb safety. Photographs to follow on a separate thread.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

War Room Ready
    Here is what I am starting with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What do you have there? It looks like it needs a little clean up?
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

War Room Ready
    It is a colt 1911, that I think was made in 1918. It was brought to me to refinish, and if possible make work. They found it in a coffee can in their grandfathers barn. The only parts that can be used are the frame and slide. I have it sand blasted, and in the process of getting it ready for cerakote. I will post some pics when I am done.

Founding Member
    'Sand-blasted', or did you mean glass-beaded??..We switched to glass beads years ago, and it make a much cleaner surface, with out eroding metal..IMHO. At any rate interested in how the cerakote works for you, I have not tryed it yet??Og

War Room Ready
    I don't use sand, I use 80 grit garnet. I have to use that so the cerakote will adhere to the metal. I will post pics when I'm done, the cerakote works great. This is one I did for a guy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jjones, good looking cerakote! I'm thinking of buying a small blasting cabinet. Do you have any recommendations?
    Bill
    Bill

War Room Ready
    I use a barrel blaster, it works great for pistols, and most rifles. It gets a little tight when doing barreled actions, but it works good for me.

http://www.barrelblaster.com