Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1911 Parts Kits from SARCO

JJones, thank you for the barrel blaster info, I'm going to look into it. On another note the ejector which came with the Sarco kit isn't working correctly with my snap cap test on my current mule build. However in all fairness I can't pull the slide back with near the force a real projectile will. The barrel and barrel bushing dropped into my Sarco Para slide. The build loads fine but doesn't eject properly when cycled manually, if you can hold off on install until I have time to test fire this pistol to see if the added force will cause proper ejection. Just trying to save you from mounting a bad ejector.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

War Room Ready
    I can wait, I have plenty of other guns to keep me busy for a little while. I will be looking forward to hearing how it works out for you.

Founding Member
    Cool idea in the Barrel Blaster, I had not heard of them..Nice..We have a big model at work, almost 30 inch door and 4 feet wide..Converted to glass beads only, with dust collector bags..I see a lot of harley parts hit it, some actually dechrome with it?...we can use it on our own time...I put any small part i wish, as long as it is not obviously for a firearm???..It works wonders on cleaning our battery cables and pump parts and shafts, It's real purpose???Would certainly like to redue my barrel on my sporter, maybe some Saturday??

JJones, I finished assembly of the pistol tonight using the Sarco 1911 kit, Para slide and Remsport frame. Pros: Barrel dropped in and appears to fit like a glove. I'll know more after I test fire it and can examine the VIS. The barrel bushing fit the side properly without any fitting. The thumb safety only required a couple of strokes of a pink stone to fit. Cons: The kit was missing the MSH pin. The grip safety would require a lot of filling to have it fit the frame so I used the correct beavertail which came with the frame. Comments: I've polished all the parts in the firing system but still have a 5 or 6 pound trigger pull, I measure it tomorrow. The grip bushing, screws and grips all work proper and look good. More to report after test firing hopefully on Wednesday.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

War Room Ready
    Sounds good so far. I get to spend the week at a livestock show for the 4h, so I will start cerakoting the slide and frame this weekend. I will post some pics when I get that part done.

Thanks for the update

Quote Originally Posted by jjones View Post
    Here is what I am starting with.
    I have a few legit 1911 take off parts the sear and disco have a light polish to remove some machine marks, if interested make a reasonable offer. The grip safety is the correct short tang.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Phil, what would you take for the MSH shipped to 41017?
    Bill
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    Phil, what would you take for the MSH shipped to 41017?
    Bill
    Bill, $55.00 gets the whole lot shipped. The Mainspring housing is stripped, it does have the loop with pin. Many years ago I had a prewar 1911 Navy that I swapped some parts on too better match the pistols overall finish I later sold it and made a very hefty profit. No rust, I would like too see them go too someone that's restoring a USGI 1911. I have plans too head one out to Hawaii next Monday, If your wanting them just say so and we can wrap it up when I get back?
    Last edited by Phil McGrath; 02-12-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Phil, good move on Hawaii! I wish we were going to Hawaii but that maybe later in the year after Linda finishes treatment. The MSH is the only item I'd have use for as I have several of the other parts myself. I'm sure someone will take them.
    Bill
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    Phil, good move on Hawaii! I wish we were going to Hawaii but that maybe later in the year after Linda finishes treatment. The MSH is the only item I'd have use for as I have several of the other parts myself. I'm sure someone will take them.
    Bill
    I'm in now hurry they been taking up space in the junk box for almost 20 years. I loose them and then they show up, can't figure it out I was hoping they would rub up on each other and a 1911 would appear...........