Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 1911 Parts Kits from SARCO

I still haven't shot my pistol however I did measure the trigger pull. The average on 10 pulls is 7 pounds. I took the pistol apart and polished all the parts in the ignition assembly. I reassembled the pistol and retested the trigger pull, still 7 pounds. I'm going to do some reading to see if I can get the trigger pull down to a more acceptable number. Let me know if you have any ideas.
    Bill
    Last edited by paid4c4; 02-15-2014 at 10:19 PM.
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

After reading one of my Walt Kuleck's books on 1911's it became apparent the hammer hooks were way to large. Most books recommend 18 thousands but since I only have a 20 thousands feeler gauge I stoned the hooks to 20 thousands. I reassembled the pistol with 10 test pulls yielding a trigger pull of 6 pounds. I then prepped an old sear and installed in the pistol. 10 test pulls with the freshly prepped sear yields an average of 4 pounds 1 oz. I'm going to strip the black paint of of the original sear and put it back int he jig, prep it and try it again. The 4 pound pull was crisp without creep. It's ready to test fire.
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.