Thread: IAI m-1 Garand caspian arms recievers

Founding Member

IAI m-1 Garand caspian arms recievers

Tim do you have any experiences with the caspian arms M1 garand recievers. I See some new ones?? Wondering? How do they measure up to USGI? Og.

Some work, some don't. The one's that work, measure up very nicely.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Some work, some don't. The one's that work, measure up very nicely.
    Okay, I could not remember what it was other than they are cast? I thought i had read here at Bt that you had built one of them. I would not have even considered them if usgis were still two hundred bucks..this guy is selling 18 of them at 190 plus shipping..But a stab in the dark is not what i was looking for?? Seems I have regrets about not dumping the wallet at my visit to CMP in al..If i had went back the next day, no telling what would have followed me home??At the least it would have cost me another 500 bucks??

Biggest single problem is the oprod track. Second problem seems to be clearance for the bolt to travel under from top of receiver to top of bolt when the bolt is cycles back.

Founding Member
    Okay, thats what I was afraid of, Not to Spec?? Or maybe it is ?? Nadda, unless it was cheap?? I have been Slumming over on CMP to see what they are selling now...They are back to HRA rifles, So I asked my maiden, what would she care if I ordered another one to use for an investment..She surprised me with---maybe, so now got to make up my mind, which type am I going to take? If its really nice, I might have my ugliest one reworked, if not happy with it I can actually sell one pretty easy now adays? Service rifle type since they will not ship a field rifle, and it cost about 65.00 EXTRA to have one choosen by a local, which I might not like ?Decisons.
    Last edited by Old Guard; 01-30-2014 at 05:27 PM. Reason: after thoughts