Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 1911 Junk Yard Dog build completed

Very nice - I really like the colors and the grips set it off nicely. Great job. How does it shoot?
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"

Quote Originally Posted by melloman View Post
    Very nice - I really like the colors and the grips set it off nicely. Great job. How does it shoot?
    Thank you for those kind words. I'm going to try and shoot it this week. Results and target to follow.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Founding Member
    I wondered the very same, it is very nice looking, But after spending a CHUNK of change on it it really doen't deserve Junkyard name....Plus, what kind of light or lazer are you gonna mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    I wondered the very same, it is very nice looking, But after spending a CHUNK of change on it it really doen't deserve Junkyard name....Plus, what kind of light or lazer are you gonna mount?
    It shot well without sights before I had them and it was in the white. I mounted a thumb tack to the front of the slide with tape and it was dead on. I can't wait to shoot it with real sights! This week is tight however with Linda getting radiation everyday and I have two days of federal depositions. So shooting it may not be till next weekend.
    On another note I affectionally call it a "Junk Yard Dog" to primarily aggravate some of the purists on one particular 1911 forum I belong to. Many of the "1911 Experts" look down their noses at those of us who do our own builds and refer to our builds as "tool box specials" or "Pickup truck glove box pistols." I don't really care what the 1911 ne'er-do-wells say I roll my own and enjoy them. I might change the name of this one as I've already started another build which is going to be a mule gun, more on that later.
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Founding Member
    I wouldn't call it by any other name!!!

I'll post a picture of the target later. The pistol shoots better than I do which doesn't take much. At 10 yards it's dead on with no failures in feeding, extraction or ejection, slide back on last round. A pleasure to shoot.
    Bill
    Bill

Here is the target from yesterday's trip to the range with the "Junk Yard Dog." All but two were in the center. I had two rounds about eight o'clock on the target, I don't know why or were they were at in the sequence.
    I cleaned the pistol today and didn't notice anything unusual. The vertical impact surface was clean and without dents or scratches. My next trip to the range I'm going to try and put several hundred rounds down range to make sure it's dependable and for break in purposes. I think this pistol complete. I have an offer to purchase it and might sell it after break in and to guarantee dependability.
    Bill
    DSCN1241_zps6f926f18.jpg
    Last edited by paid4c4; 03-04-2014 at 11:49 AM.
    Bill