Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me decide....

I have the Amega Rail on my Mini-G with a Leupold 2.5 EER scope. I Love the Scout set up. But if I had to do it again I would go with the Ultimak. I have heard that with the right set of rings you can co-witness the iron sights. I do however use Warne QD rings in all my scopes so quick scope removal and installation is not a problem. There is a picture of the set up in the photo section.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    Like the ultimak rail? I have one that I am going to put on the 30-06 Mini-G, I'll probably put a Leupold 2.75x on it. Center mount scopes usually have more magnification and can have BDC reticules. So I was going to do one too. I just liked the CASM mount idea and wanted to try it out. There is no need here, just a middle aged, conservative, God fearing, white male with extra money to spend.
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

When mine comes back from Tim, I'm thinking that I'd like to see if I can set it up so that I can mount a magnified optic while retainging the ability to use the irons below it through the rings. I have found that I've never been able to cowitness iron sights looking through a magnified optic, only with an unmagnified red dot. The problem with what I have in mind is that it will be a compromise between ideal cheek weld between the two, and I would likely have to mount to scope a little higher than what I see on most of the EER scoped Mini G's. Much as I like they way they look, better without the scout scopes, I think I'm going to do much better with my bad eyesight, if I've got a low power optic for the longer shots.

Patriot
    Well I took the plunge. I chopped my bayonet lug off this afternoon. Just waiting for a shipping box to come from Fulton Armory (I like their padded shipping containers) then it's off to MI to become a Mag Fed Mini-G.

Justin

Good choice, that ought to be a lot easier to use compared to to single loading around the CASM from the top, and maybe faster than the enblocs as well. Aside from the M14 gas cylinder/piston you'll essentially have a Garand receivered SOCOM. Looking forward to seeing the finished rifle with scope mounted (and hearing how it shoots). Good luck with it.