Thread: The CMP--URGE iis Back??

Founding Member

The CMP--URGE iis Back??

Guys, I know we all like to see what is going on at CMP..I fought Off the urge to order somemore of the Bad surplus AP ammo..I mean it took a lot of effort to pull those rounds...I don't see how they would function correctly with some of the bullets solid to the brass? Now reading That they are Selling the Famous Post war rifles, The H&R Service grade M1 Rifle... This gave me the Urge to get back in line and Order another one and hope for the' Tooth fairy' to stand over the gunsmith as he puts it together for "me"? Some lucky guy will get one in perfect condition... What are the Odds??

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I've stopped buying ammo from cmp when the loose HXP was all there was,I reload enough right now for my needs.If I ever happen upon a windfall of cash I'll order an M1 C&D
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Patriot
    I've bought a bunch of the loose HXP, still shooting the clipped HXP though. So I can't really give an opinion on it. I'm sure it will work fine for my needs. When that dries up I'll just load. I hate case prep with a passion though...

I thought the CMP's mission was to provide cheap surplus ammo to everyone forever... what's this talk about it running out?
    !

I bought cans of the "floor sweepings" when it was first offered and when it was cheaper than it is today.
    The date stamps ranged from 54 to 82. Some rounds had minor surface corrosion and dents.
    I couldn't see any difference between shooting that stuff or the spam can ammo.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Founding Member
    well, I caught the latest listings on AMMO, API, Belted Ra, Hpx, and Bandoleers, GUESS WHAT, They have Voided my M1 Coolectors Club membership, 3 mos early??? WTH? Now What? Og. Didn't need it anyway, but had the urge...

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    well, I caught the latest listings on AMMO, API, Belted Ra, Hpx, and Bandoleers, GUESS WHAT, They have Voided my M1 Coolectors Club membership, 3 mos early??? WTH? Now What? Og. Didn't need it anyway, but had the urge...
    I had this happen before,but with the GCA.I think CMP just gets things mixed up?I had to E-mail a copy of my membership card to fix it.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Founding Member
    I missed out on the linked. I would have bought a "few" cans because I like the 60's era rounds...

I witnessed a warehouse full of ammo in wooden crates. Spam cans that have enblock clips and other options. They are sorting orange tip 30.06 ammo all day long. Several crates of the stuff. Doubt that all the link is being sold.
    Will post some pics.