Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Muzzle device (flash suppressor) options for Mini-G's

Cadet

Muzzle device (flash suppressor) options for Mini-G's

I'm investigating different muzzle devices (flash suppressors or muzzle brakes) and am having problems visualizing/understanding how muzzle devices are attached, so I can't tell which would be compatible.

So, which muzzle devices are compatible with the Mini-G? I don't plan on using a suppressor, so I'm not worried about getting a flash-hider that has can-ready threading.

Patriot
    For a standard Garand, generally they are a gas lock and muzzle device combo specifically made for Garands.

This is one from schuster
    bM1 Muzzle Brake.jpg

They replace your gas lock and add the brake. There are similar products from Smith Enterprises, as well as surplus BM59E brakes that will work the same way.

There are Flash hiders available that are similar, both Repro and Surplus (harder to find). But again they are specifically for the Garand.

T37 Flash Hider (M1C/D):
    download.jpg

OR

If you are adventurous you can get a BM59 style drop down gas cylinder (Standard parts has new production ones), it would involve reshaping your Oprod to work on an existing mini-g build. With the drop down cylinder you can add any number of BM59 style muzzle devices. Also with the drop down, you could get Standard Part's new Builder Gas locks that you can machine (or have machined) to any thread you want and add whatever aftermarket 30 cal muzzle device you wish for...

BM59 Drop down cylinder on a Mini-G from Tim's Website with a 5″ BM59 tri-compensator:
    image-gallery.jpg

Builder Gas Lock
    https://www.standardpartsllc.com/pro...&idcategory=26

HTH,

Justin
    Last edited by jbkf1003; 02-21-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Cadet
    Justin,

Is the selection larger for the BM59? I haven't gotten the conversion done yet, so I can still opt to have the BM59 style drop down when I do.

Thanks,
    Chris

Patriot
    Yeah, most are surplus and some can be tricky to find, but there are more styles.

A Couple of the options:

As I understand it some of these require a bit different length of muzzle, so if going with one of them, make a decision and send it along to Tim when you do the conversion.

Or as stated, get the builder gas lock, have it threaded to 5/8-24 (Not sure if Tim does this or not), then you should be able to pretty much use any 30 cal (Ar-10, M14) muzzle device.

Justin

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    Or as stated, get the builder gas lock, have it threaded to 5/8-24 (Not sure if Tim does this or not), then you should be able to pretty much use any 30 cal (Ar-10, M14) muzzle device.

Justin
    oooohhhhh, I completely misread and misunderstood what you meant about the Builder gas lock. That seems like the best option since it leaves open more options

Patriot
    Yeah that would make the possibilities limitless... Just incase I wasn't clear, you need a drop down gas cylinder for the builder block.

Justin

Cadet

Are these in good enough shape to use on a Mini-G build or should I continue to wait for new production?

Cadet
    DSCN0523.jpgPicture of my Mini Garand with Bm59 Brake and Gas cylinder, if this helps you see the end result. Also makes it easey to install the Ultimak rail if you do that.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by justa22 View Post
    DSCN0523.jpgPicture of my Mini Garand with Bm59 Brake and Gas cylinder, if this helps you see the end result. Also makes it easey to install the Ultimak rail if you do that.
    Awesome, that's exactly (sans brake) the setup I want
    Does that have a new production BM59 gas cylinder or the currently available used parts?

Cadet
    Shuff had a few or the Standard Parts reproduction gas cylinders, he did say when he ran of them he had the ability to modify the used parts to do the job. Best to talk to him direct, he's got it covered.