Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Muzzle device (flash suppressor) options for Mini-G's

If you can't get one of Standard Parts gas cylinders, I can make the real ones work with a pin, gas hole, and side pin.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    If you can't get one of Standard Parts gas cylinders, I can make the real ones work with a pin, gas hole, and side pin.
    Ok. I think I'll be patient and wait for Standard Parts to get the part in stock again.

Update: nevermind, jbkf1003 saved the day
    Last edited by Corpsie; 03-18-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Has anybody done a comparison between the BM59E and the similar Smith Enterprise muzzle brake ? The price of the BM59E brake and the alignment gauge from Standard Parts is better then anything else I have seen yet.
    CL

Cadet
    I have not compared the two, I can tell you that the BM59 brake/flash suppressor that Standard parts sells, ( Tim installed that one on my rifle} does a great job of recoil reduction/stabilization, and flash suppression.

Patriot
    The BM59 "E" brake and the short StandardParts brake have the same porting/hole configuration. Only difference is the centerline spacing for the gas cylinder.

And flash suppression too ? Interesting. I did not expect that. Thanks.
    And nice flag avatar too.
    CL

Patriot
    The BM59 / E brakes and the Smith Brake work about the same. I had a smith brake on my mini-g, I sold it and put a Bm59 brake on it, it was cheaper and I netted a few bucks.

I won't do business with Smith unless I absolutely have to. Where as Greg at Standard parts is always a pleasure to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    The BM59 / E brakes and the Smith Brake work about the same. I had a smith brake on my mini-g, I sold it and put a Bm59 brake on it, it was cheaper and I netted a few bucks.

I won't do business with Smith unless I absolutely have to. Where as Greg at Standard parts is always a pleasure to deal with.
    Just So !
    I got 2 brakes, the alignment tool, and a thin blade front sight all delivered together within a week for only $5.99 shipping. Bitchin'
    CL

If using the standard parts bm59 builder lock, would it then be possible to use a Canadian or l1a1 flash hider on a build? My thought is a less expensive alternative to the 5" bm59 device, easier to find, and a fal bayonet could be used at a 1/3 of the price of a bm59 bayonet or interfering with the gas plug like an m5

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by koreanwargrandson View Post
    If using the standard parts bm59 builder lock, would it then be possible to use a Canadian or l1a1 flash hider on a build? My thought is a less expensive alternative to the 5" bm59 device, easier to find, and a fal bayonet could be used at a 1/3 of the price of a bm59 bayonet or interfering with the gas plug like an m5
    My opinion.....just about anything is possible, or can be adapted, with use of a metal cutting lathe and milling machine, WITH a competent operator who is knowledgeable with the firearm you want worked on. If you don't own the machine tools then develop a relationship with your rifle builder and accept is opinion of what can, or can't be done.
    Last edited by ordmm; 03-05-2016 at 04:58 PM.