Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CMP gets rid of buyer/seller feedback.

Junior Cadet
    I just can't understand why they will not dedicate a small amount of brain power to know about the items they are selling. Or hire people that do.
    Mr. O brags that he does not own any of the rifles that he is selling. Or knows anything about them. The few that do.... pilfer like crazy and get away with it.
    I got my fill with them with the drill rifles. Drill rifles were coming out with rare parts out the wazzo the first few weeks. Because they were never "Worked".
    Last edited by FTD1167; 03-05-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by FTD1167 View Post
    I just can't understand why they will not dedicate a small amount of brain power to know about the items they are selling. Or hire people that do.
    The CMP probably does have people who know what they are selling, but maybe the place is run using a typical learned and ingrained gov't business model. That being an environment that does not necessarily reward the person with the best ideas, or a person who might throw something critical of the system out there. Going by the "Orest" postings it's pretty much "my way or the highway" it seems. The CMP took the customer ass kissing to unheard of extremes so now it seems it's wearing thin on the old guy. Maybe it was just a couple people at first that they said yes to keep the squeaky wheel greased so to speak, and now they have a legion of squeaky wheels (whiners) that's costing them time and money-maybe in a big way. And then, in a world of CMP auctions where they get big big bucks in the thousands for many of the rifles, they burn time pimping a freak'in hammer. WTF? Cripes sake, get the good shit on the auction and sales sight and get on with it. The customer base is hungry for rifles-NOW-get them shipped. WTF...pull a rifle, put in in a box and ship the damn thing out. Short on wood?---ship woodless, it's easier. Slam that puppy in a plastic sleeve then into a double wall box and get it on it's way. Why jerk around. If you got 20,000 rifles to ship bring in a bunch of temps for crying out loud---how much is that going to take away from your bonus and retirement plan? One can only imagine when the guns run out and the current employees get tasked over to the new rifle range things will be so they won't lose employment. Can just about see a guy riding around all day in a golf cart making 60+K a year wearing Bermuda shorts with a white belt and black socks with the title "special assistant to the assistant to the executive assistant range officer". Just my opinion....means nothing.

PS-----Support your local or not so local gunsmith. Build a relationship with the small guy who really values your business and knows what they are doing. I'm not just talking about Shuff. (Although I do aknowledge he has great prowness as a gun mechanic and other things) but good gunsmiths are a vanishing breed. At the very least where the hell else can you hang out in your old age and BS half the day away.
    Last edited by ordmm; 03-04-2014 at 09:46 AM.