Thread: WTB - BMB Garand Parts

WTB - BMB Garand Parts

All, I need the following BMB marked parts for a restoration project:

Clip Latch
    Op Rod Catch

I've seen what is available on GB and EBay but prefer to go to a forum member.

Regards,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanII View Post
    All, I need the following BMB marked parts for a restoration project:

Clip Latch
    Op Rod Catch

I've seen what is available on GB and EBay but prefer to go to a forum member.

Regards,
    Dan

Ive got a clip latch - I'm 99% sure of it.

This guy seems to have some nice ones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/M1-GARAND-CL...p2047675.l2557

but at an average price of about $70, probably not worth it
    [SIGPIC]

Holy crap. north ridge has one going right now that is already over $100! how much are these things worth?? LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ITALIAN-M1-G...item5afc2e7a01
    [SIGPIC]

I have a Breda clip latch on my Breda rifle. The part is beautifully polished and it is the nicest clip latch you can get.

Standardpartsllc has Breda operating rod catches

Thanks Guys.

Sean - I'll give you a call later today.

Fluffy - Thanks for the heads up. I go to the Standard Parts frequently but some how missed the BMB Op Rod Catch.

Thanks,
    Dan

Founding Member
    Yeoow on Ebay.. I guess I better take better care of mine, it was almost new and I was disappinted it was not usgi? Still you could dress a PIg and sell it as A golden Idol on flebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Yeoow on Ebay.. I guess I better take better care of mine, it was almost new and I was disappinted it was not usgi? Still you could dress a PIg and sell it as A golden Idol on flebay.
    Are you drunk?

Breda and Beretta parts were especially well made. And they were some of the last parts made, so they are the newest. And to top it off, very few-if any--of these parts ever saw the rigors of combat.

I have no idea why some people would prefer beaten-up, worn-out USGI parts to Italian-made parts. It makes no sense.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTheCat View Post
    Are you drunk?

Breda and Beretta parts were especially well made. And they were some of the last parts made, so they are the newest. And to top it off, very few-if any--of these parts ever saw the rigors of combat.

I have no idea why some people would prefer beaten-up, worn-out USGI parts to Italian-made parts. It makes no sense.
    Nope, not drinking..But they were not USGI, and given it does not take a code to read them as to mfr..I do agree about the quality..I did like the prices, but now they are catching up to others..I have several parts, not all marked BMB, but unable to buy a reciever since i live in Amerika..$50.00 each in Canada for reciever.. So I should bag and tag em for now..

Founding Member
    The Dressed PIG reference was to the sometime Doubtful; outcome of a purchase from Fleabay..Now the ratings are gone on CMP, it just a little more distressed..I have bought some of the bagged cmp parts too..None were italian although I am sure they have some..