Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tim, Real Pizza Is On The Way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Ho, ho, I see some serious pizza eaters here....Peperoini? whats that? I like barbique pork and chicken on my Pizza, gee I hope I don't get banned for my preferences....Nope No ketchup on my steak either, Only A-1 or some steak sauce...Not a Beer drinker..yet..
    If you have to put anything on your steak it's not cooked right or a bad cut of meat. Steaks should come off the grill, onto your plate and into your belly with no A1, ketchup or any of that crap.
    !

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Only A-1 or some steak sauce...
    Not only a no, but a HELL NO to sauce on a steak! Make mine Pittsburgh style cooked on the rare side of medium rare.

1. Putting anything on your steak except herbs, pepper, or salt seems savage.
    2. I've traveled the country and I'm here to tell you that pepperoni is the most standard item on a pizza and is more prolific then cheese only.
    3. I'm well aware that an east coaster may not feel as strongly about pepperoni. I worked for Taco Bell for 17 years and we had to dumb down all our recipes so as to make them bland enough for east coasters. Meat Seasoning, hot sauce, very bland on account of the east coast.
    4. The pizza's have all now arrived. Stu lied! There is pepperoni on this pizza you MORON! Why do you play with my heart?
    5. Testing is at 6pm tonight.
    6. Results by 8pm tonight.
    7. I will be washing down my pizza with caffeine free diet Coke. I never eat pizza with beer, I know I know, I am abnormal. Again, traveling the country I am well aware that I'm F'd up regarding my choice of beverage while eating pizza.

1. Pizza was invented by the Greeks and neither the Italian or American version resemble it.
    2. Without America there would be no Italian Pizza. They didn't have the tomato's and when they did, they thought they were poisonous.
    3. The most popular pizza topping is pepperoni at 32%, cheese only isn't even close at 8 pathetic percent!

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-m...-chart-2013-10

Pepperoni dominates as the most popular pizza topping. A whopping 36% of people order pepperoni on their pizzas, according to research by business advisor Brian Roemmele. Roemmele researched point-of-sale data from 604 pizza locations across the United States. Here's the chart of his findings, which was first posted to Quora:

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-m...#ixzz2yVA1Z3fP

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    1. I will be washing down my pizza with caffeine free diet Coke. I never eat pizza with beer, I know I know, I am abnormal. Again, traveling the country I am well aware that I'm F'd up regarding my choice of beverage while eating pizza.

I am afraid that having a sweet soda pop will skew the taste of the pizza, if the pizza uses a sweet sauce. Water or beer should be your only choices. Just my $.02
    !

Patriot
    [*]The pizza's have all now arrived. Stu lied! There is pepperoni on this pizza you MORON! Why do you play with my heart?[*]Testing is at 6pm tonight.[*]Results by 8pm tonight.
    [/QUOTE]

"Results by 8pm tonight"..... This will come in handy at 8:05pm.

shuffs pizza.jpg

Riverside Pizza, Iron River MI has the finest pie in Michigan. Home Run Inn has the best pizza in Chicago. If deep dish is your thing then I guess one could try Gino's or Numero Uno.

If you must torture yourself with a chain pizza joint then Rosati's or Lou Malnati's will suffice just fine.

Everything else is crap.

And nothing but herbs and a few spices on my steak (rare side of medium). However, I will cook my shrooms in a mixture of butter, Worchestershire sauce, garlic and onions.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Okay Stu, here's what I'm doing with this experiment tomorrow. I will be having Scott his wife and three children from across the street, my wife, one of my sons, and the Yoder's from down the road over for a blind taste test. Your pizza will have an obvious disadvantage so I've tried to account for yours needing re heating.

Peppi's pizza from our place is long considered to be a good pie by both you, Sean, and everyone in this test ( I don't like it ).
    I like jets Pizza a lot.
    1. I will be having a pizza from Peppi's delivered tonight to re-heat tomorrow.
    2. I will be having a fresh Peppi's pizza's delivered tomorrow.
    3. I will be getting one 8 corner Jett's pizza tomorrow, I really like Jett's.
    4. I have a Lou Malnati (Ranked Best pizza in the world and in chicago, I love it!) pizza being shipped here and will be here tomorrow, cost me a flipping fortune.
    5. I will be having your L&B Pizza re heated.

The delivered Pizzas will be warmed the same and everyone will be given a blind taste test by me. My wife will be giving me a blind taste test. Obviously, your pizza, the re heated Peppi's pizza, and Lou malnati's Pizza's are at a huge disadvantage but we'll see.

Stay tuned for results tomorrow night, Pizza night at Shuff's!

Pizza will be ranked as follows and each area on a scale of 1 to 5;

Crust Texture taste
    Sauce taste
    Cheese taste
    Overall Taste
    These scores are not being averaged for overall taste, the taster is being asked to give an overall taste score.

May the best pizza win.
    We have a Tie!

Results are in and they are remarkable! We had nine "tasters" and this is how it went down;

Fresh Jet's

Crust Texture taste- 4.11
    Sauce taste- 3.55
    Cheese taste- 4.77
    Overall Taste- 4.11

Re heated Peppi's

Crust Texture taste- 3
    Sauce taste- 3
    Cheese taste- 2.55
    Overall Taste- 2.11

Fresh Peppis

Crust Texture taste- 4.77
    Sauce taste- 3
    Cheese taste- 4.11
    Overall Taste- 3.77

Re heated Lou Malnatis

Crust Texture taste- 2.11
    Sauce taste- 4.55
    Cheese taste- 4.55
    Overall Taste- 4.44

Re Heated L&B Shit Pizza from new york, the place that Sean despises

Crust Texture taste- 4.11
    Sauce taste- 4
    Cheese taste- 4.44
    Overall Taste- 4.44

PS, I used water for drinking so bite me.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I had little ceasars tonight...sausage(or something resembling it),and the girls had pepperoni.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)