Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry On Base

Concealed Carry On Base

Guys...I'm trying to drum up support for an issue that is very near and dear to my heart. In the past 20 years, over 100 military members, veterans, and dependents have been killed or wounded in on-base mass shootings. There is no doubt in my mind that had the victims at Fairchild AFB, Ft Hood, and The Washington Navy Yard been able to exercise the Constitutional right they fought to protect, that number would be drastically lower. Unfortunately, current DoD policy prevents us from being able to adequately protect our families on base. As military members, we gladly sacrifice many things to defend our nation, but we should not be asked to sacrifice the safety of our families. I have written my Senate representation (Jim Inhofe) asking him to press for legislation allowing us to exercise our 2A rights on base. I implore you to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by HerkyBird View Post
    Guys...I'm trying to drum up support for an issue that is very near and dear to my heart. In the past 20 years, over 100 military members, veterans, and dependents have been killed or wounded in on-base mass shootings. There is no doubt in my mind that had the victims at Fairchild AFB, Ft Hood, and The Washington Navy Yard been able to exercise the Constitutional right they fought to protect, that number would be drastically lower. Unfortunately, current DoD policy prevents us from being able to adequately protect our families on base. As military members, we gladly sacrifice many things to defend our nation, but we should not be asked to sacrifice the safety of our families. I have written my Senate representation (Jim Inhofe) asking him to press for legislation allowing us to exercise our 2A rights on base. I implore you to do the same.

I'll do it but it sure didn't help when "one of your own" got up there and said your current policy was great. No, the military would never sell us out, heck one of your own just sold you all out. Amazing what people will do for their job, anything.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I'll do it but it sure didn't help when "one of your own" got up there and said your current policy was great. No, the military would never sell us out, heck one of your own just sold you all out. Amazing what people will do for their job, anything.
    We are a microcosm of our larger society. We have a number of the same idiots that you find outside of the military. Liberals, crooks, and careerists all exist in the military. There are good people too. People who take our oath seriously and will be standing on the right side of the line should the time come. I pray it never does, but you have to keep the faith.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HerkyBird View Post
    We are a microcosm of our larger society. We have a number of the same idiots that you find outside of the military. Liberals, crooks, and careerists all exist in the military. There are good people too. People who take our oath seriously and will be standing on the right side of the line should the time come. I pray it never does, but you have to keep the faith.
    We have the faith brother and most of will be standing there too..I still take my service seriously enough. and it was many moons ago, that i was taking that same oath...Todays standards have fallen a lot, I Do dearly hope the current mess will clear up after the Election? I noticed you were Polite and Omited the fact that one of the FT Hood events was created by a Converted Muslem in our uniform..Obviously it was to Infiltrate from inside..One of the Hidden threats to freedom.

Founding Member
    Why should you be allowed to have a firearm?? If you work at a factory or place of business here in Indiana. You are not allowed to carry a firearm or have it on the property!!! peace toolman

Quote Originally Posted by toolman View Post
    Why should you be allowed to have a firearm?? If you work at a factory or place of business here in Indiana. You are not allowed to carry a firearm or have it on the property!!! peace toolman
    How very true, we should all be able to carry in any place we choose. Anyone being told they cannot carry is being discriminated against
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman View Post
    Tennessee finally stepped up and said if you had a permit, You could carry it in your car and park on Company property....It took a very long time to pass...Now they want open carry for anyone, permits for concealed carry, which i say NUTZ..

Ohio always has been a open carry State although alot of people dont know it. I dont choose to carry openly and do carry concealed as I dont want the bad guys to know I'm packing
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Ohio always has been a open carry State although alot of people dont know it. I dont choose to carry openly and do carry concealed as I dont want the bad guys to know I'm packing
    Only with a permit!! A lot of states let you open carry but only with a permit!

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Tennessee finally stepped up and said if you had a permit, You could carry it in your car and park on Company property....It took a very long time to pass...Now they want open carry for anyone, permits for concealed carry, which i say NUTZ..
    But if your company doesn't want it on there property you must remove it!! or you can get FIRED!!