Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry On Base

Quote Originally Posted by toolman View Post
    Only with a permit!! A lot of states let you open carry but only with a permit!
    Anyone in Ohio who can legally posses a firearm can open carry, there is no permit. There is a license for conceal carry
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

In Pennsylvania you can open carry if can legally own a firearm. Except you need a permit to open carry in a vehicle and open carry in philadelphia.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Anyone in Ohio who can legally posses a firearm can open carry, there is no permit. There is a license for conceal carry
    my bad.. But if you have it in your car CCW required.. That makes a whole lot of sense??? So how do you transport it from place to place?? Peace toolman

Founding Member

And correct me if im wrong? BUT not anyone can open carry. I thought that was if they can legally possess it. hence ( no felony,or under age?)

And correct me if im wrong? BUT not anyone can open carry. I thought that was if they can legally possess it. hence ( no felony,or under age?)
    Yes as I stated in previous post anyone can open carry as long as you can legally posses a handgun. No open carry in a "vehicle" unless you have a CCW. If no CCW firearm must be unloaded in vehilce for transport. This will change someday
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

Founding Member
    Today it was announced that the TENN.Free Open carry failed..Thank goodness..ANYONE who owned a pistol was going to be toting it on their hip, if openly displayed..This failed, the carry permits still are good..Concealed or not,, I am like some members here, I do NOT openly carry my pistols...Sometimes under my vest or coat and then just the pocket carry...I don't like some of the hicks i see here with their pistols hanging where anyone could grab and start firing... The last thing i need is to have a guy pull it, over my driving into a gas station in the position he wanted, and he starts waving it around in a threat..This actually happened in Millington at Kroger gas, a few months ago..I do not always have a firearm with me..or in the car..Maybe that is a mistake?

Founding Member
    But if your company doesn't want it on there property you must remove it!! or you can get FIRED!!
    Toolman,,No longer true here in Tenn...We had to remove all the firearm signs at the gates and go with the new red slashed,Banned Pistol and Knife,symbols at all entry doors...Not a real big deal, except we drive thru some very dangerous areas to get to work, some people here have lost windows due to fired shots, while inroute???Over three inch knife is still illegal, except at Airport, all Knifes are banned..

While I dont open carry I am all for it . If your open carry sharp situation awareness and a retention holster is a must

Founding Member
    While I dont open carry I am all for it . If your open carry sharp situation awareness and a retention holster is a must
    Exactly, and since i am a real senior i am not as fast or keen as i once was...But it hanging out loose, looks bad even on a cop..My shoulder holster even has a quicksnap..

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Today it was announced that the TENN.Free Open carry failed..Thank goodness..ANYONE who owned a pistol was going to be toting it on their hip, if openly displayed..This failed, the carry permits still are good..Concealed or not,, I am like some members here, I do NOT openly carry my pistols...Sometimes under my vest or coat and then just the pocket carry...I don't like some of the hicks i see here with their pistols hanging where anyone could grab and start firing... The last thing i need is to have a guy pull it, over my driving into a gas station in the position he wanted, and he starts waving it around in a threat..This actually happened in Millington at Kroger gas, a few months ago..I do not always have a firearm with me..or in the car..Maybe that is a mistake?
    Free open carry is legal in Pennsylvania and 29 other states. You need a permit for conceal carry in Pa. I have probably seen fewer than 10 instances of open carry in public. The only time I open carry is when I am taking the dog for a walk in the woods behind my house. Everywhere else its conceal carry. Criminals don't care about the law in the first place so it doesn't matter to them if open or conceal carry is legal or not.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112