Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What in the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by centurion20000 View Post
    Ok, as an also-CMP forum member I must admit a lot of curiosity on this one. I've actually gotten some good deals over there. What gives?
    The auctions, usually have some unique or special weapons. The junk auctions? I never understood.

I think its rather comical...

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    The auctions, usually have some unique or special weapons. The junk auctions? I never understood.
    One of the most popular ways for employees to steal product or supplies from their place of employment is to take it out with the trash (junk). just sayin'...
    [SIGPIC]

Once fired 30-06 at 14 cents seemed like a really good deal.

AP pills at 50 cents works too.

Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by stratochief View Post
    It's the same guys who are constantly whining about the CMP over nothing. That's what gives.
    Not sure wher you stand on anything CMP but there are things to whine about. I've personally been boned by CMP shananigans. I've watched as a sale was rigged right in front of me. I saw good people cheated by bad people and I'm glad to say I didn't stand by and let it happen.

The CMP does some very good things but integrity may not be one of them.

Maybe CMP is fine there are just a few bad eggs working there?????
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Sure. Same as drug cartels and the mafia
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post

Maybe, could be. If the CMP was for profit and truly private company I really couldn't possibly care less who they let cut in line or get special access from a moral aspect, a right and wrong aspect. The CMP is a government sanctioned entity though, they get free government stuff that nobody else gets to have. I should never have to worry about them giving access to that stuff to anybody else over the least of my brothers. If they do it to even a mere once in a lifetime buyer, they'll do it to you.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Maybe, could be. If the CMP was for profit and truly private company I really couldn't possibly care less who they let cut in line or get special access from a moral aspect, a right and wrong aspect. The CMP is a government sanctioned entity though, they get free government stuff that nobody else gets to have. I should never have to worry about them giving access to that stuff to anybody else over the least of my brothers. If they do it to even a mere once in a lifetime buyer, they'll do it to you.
    Same here, Some times you feel like a CMP bargain and then you can feel taken..not at all like dealing with a private company..Don't know if it is considered whining, but, it is best to be Informed about the operations.. But Sean is right, I noticed some Sly dealings involving Junk or trash parts showing up for sale??

After the first year or two of dealing with the CMP I came to feel as if there were different tiers of customers. There are the everyday types, the celebrities and then the shadow customers. The everyday types probably encompass 95% of their customer base. This could be the guy who buys 1 rifle ever or the guy who buys his allotment every year. When this guy is done shopping the CMP says thanks and out the door you go. What separates the everyday guy form the celebrity is the celebrity will get special access to back-room stuff every so often or get cherry picking parties (we know who they are) and able to cut in line at the store on release day. The back room guy is what I think Sean speaks of so much. They guy who gets special info, special access and priority but knows how to keep his mouth shut (most of the time).
    !

Founding Member
    Loose lips sink ships!

I know of one sweet-heart deal that happened. It was a while ago but I trust the source. I have yet to see the rifle but I am confident it is as he says.