Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best looking Mini G to date because......

Quote Originally Posted by ibang1 View Post
    She is sweet...

I have a question on the stock. Did you replace the stock before or after the conversion?
    Can I send in the Garand now with original stock and later just buy a new stock and install it on my own? Are there any modifications made if I do it later?

I just got my CMP Garand on D-Day! and hope to take the plunge shortly. I still don't know what all I want have done to my Garand.
    Thank you sir!!
    Congrats on the rifle!!
    I actually replaced the stock before the conversion, but I don't think there will be any problem with replacing it after the conversion.
    You might try posting a new thread in the Mini G section to get more looks and possibly a better answer.
    Mr. Shufflin is a great guy and will answer ANY questions you have about the conversion.
    Thanks again, you'll really enjoy the Mini G conversion!!

Some stocks need minor modifications and other can need none. It all depends on the stock.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ibang1 View Post
    She is sweet...

I have a question on the stock. Did you replace the stock before or after the conversion?
    Can I send in the Garand now with original stock and later just buy a new stock and install it on my own? Are there any modifications made if I do it later?

I just got my CMP Garand on D-Day! and hope to take the plunge shortly. I still don't know what all I want have done to my Garand.
    Call Tim.. He will walk you thorough all the details. Good guy. Peace Toolman

Patriot
    I love this G Danny, I keep looking at it and it does not get old. When Tim started making them I was going to order and was trying to decide on which park and what kind of parts and serial number range to use. I waited to long and now the boys school cost and medical bill have put a stop to all purchases and have caused the sale of several of my rifles. I still have an M1 set aside , 5 digit Dane with lots of wear and some interesting parts that will be used some day. i kept wanting more , the mag fed and so on but will some time just order the G with out the extras. Wish I had just ordered one when I was able . Did you now a rifle magazine did an article on the Mini G? It was a pretty good article and they loved the rifle.

Hey checkmate!
    Thank you!! I'm really proud of her!!
    I was in the same boat you are, the first time I saw a Mini G, I just had to have one!!
    I looked and looked and looked, finally just got the money order and rifle ready and shipped it off.
    I'm really glad I did!!
    I'm sorry you've had to sell some stuff, but it's nice to have them available when such times arise.
    Hopefully you can build your stock back up.
    I did know a magazine did a write up about the Mini G. I can't remember now which one it was though.
    Thanks again!!

Beautiful weapon sir!

I can't wait to get mine. I've been eying those DuPage stocks but need to sell some stuff to fund it first!

Quote Originally Posted by Shemp View Post
    Beautiful weapon sir!

I can't wait to get mine. I've been eying those DuPage stocks but need to sell some stuff to fund it first!
    Thank you sir!!
    I really like the Boyd's stock I have on mine. Very minor fitting!
    Locks up good and tight!

Cadet
    Congrats Danny, glad to hear you have it home. While it's not as pretty as mine, she's a real beauty. I thought about an aftermarket stock too as they are lighter weight, and you end up with a lighter rifle, but settled on GI wood.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th Infantry Division View Post
    Congrats Danny, glad to hear you have it home. While it's not as pretty as mine, she's a real beauty. I thought about an aftermarket stock too as they are lighter weight, and you end up with a lighter rifle, but settled on GI wood.
    Thank you sir!!
    The wood on this rifle was Birch.
    It wasn't too bad, but it walnut! Haha!
    I really like the way the Boyd's stock looks and feels.
    I plan on shooting it tomorrow in honor of my Uncle.
    His birthday was on the 4th of July. He gave his life at Pearl Harbor.
    He was on the battleship Nevada.

Quote Originally Posted by dannybritton View Post
    Thank you sir!!
    The wood on this rifle was Birch.
    It wasn't too bad, but it walnut! Haha!
    I really like the way the Boyd's stock looks and feels.
    I plan on shooting it tomorrow in honor of my Uncle.
    His birthday was on the 4th of July. He gave his life at Pearl Harbor.
    He was on the battleship Nevada.
    A sincere salute to one that went before me.