Thread: Attaching Stock Metal?

Attaching Stock Metal?

I have a couple of stocks that need to have the stock metal attached. I am mainly worried about the front hand guard metal. Is there a way to attached the front handguard metal with out having to buy/use the M1 Garand Front Handguard Tool. If so anyone have link to a website or a video showing how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

front guard? super simple: slide in the liner, tap on the ferrule, bend the tabs over. If you are worried about it, Standard Parts sells a damn handy little toy that makes bending everything in place easier.

https://www.standardpartsllc.com/pro...&idcategory=14
    [SIGPIC]

sounds good

I was just a little worried when all I saw on the net was people using spacers, it looked more complicated than it needs to be.

Brinks352, you will see everywhere in the gun world that there are engineer types, plain old nerds, and lab technicians from another life that make this stuff far more complicated than it is. I can't say it enough, we're not putting a man on the moon and most every time, the simplest way is the right way.

I just like to be cautious. When ever we(family) do something that is supposed to take 1 hour to do, plan for 4 hours.

I have installed front handgaurd liners and caps with simple hand tools and with the correct tool.
    While it can be done with a punch and hammer ,IMO the correct tools does a better job and gets the liner tighter.
    I have a extra old set I will send you that you youcan keep, just pay shipping
    PM me if interested
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Junior Cadet
    I have read some people don't install the liner as they believe it reduces accuracy. I can't say if it does one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Teague View Post
    I have read some people don't install the liner as they believe it reduces accuracy. I can't say if it does one way or the other.
    Guys that build Match rifles will leave them out. The normal shooter you wont notice any difference not to mention if you pick up the rifle by the handguard without the liner it may break
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Patriot
    I have had the liner rub the oprod on one rifle, I used a piece of wood trim moulding that had a rounded edge to put a slight U shape in the liner to avoid the rubbing. FWIW.