Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BM59 Project Delayed... Again...

BM59 Project Delayed... Again...

I got this instead, already had 50 magazines for it on hand...
    IMG_4156_zpsde1c4328.jpg
    IMG_4158_zps2076afa3.jpg
    At least it's the right caliber!

Eli

Ii had one for a short while, strange how the chamber is fluted
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

I just parkerized one of those on Monday.

Founding Member
    Nice looking rifle!

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I got this instead, already had 50 magazines for it on hand...
    IMG_4156_zpsde1c4328.jpg
    IMG_4158_zps2076afa3.jpg
    At least it's the right caliber!

Eli
    With 50 mags i assume you have one already..be sure to watch your Brass...If it comes out fluffy and blackened, then check your bolt..Mine has fired with out the bolt being locked..Prt91...Normally it is just marked from Fluted...I presume the chamber was to help with cooling, defintely ejects well..

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    With 50 mags i assume you have one already..be sure to watch your Brass...If it comes out fluffy and blackened, then check your bolt..Mine has fired with out the bolt being locked..Prt91...Normally it is just marked from Fluted...I presume the chamber was to help with cooling, defintely ejects well..
    I got a good deal on the magazines last year - 25 cost me about what a single BM59 magazine costs!
    I've read about the bolt gap, and the shortcomings of the PTR91 and G3/HK91 design. It's an interesting design, still in production, and seems to offer AK reliability with a US/NATO caliber and inexpensive parts.
    How many other rifles can fire without the extractor?

Eli

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I got a good deal on the magazines last year - 25 cost me about what a single BM59 magazine costs!
    I've read about the bolt gap, and the shortcomings of the PTR91 and G3/HK91 design. It's an interesting design, still in production, and seems to offer AK reliability with a US/NATO caliber and inexpensive parts.
    How many other rifles can fire without the extractor?

Eli
    They are cool rifles..The buttplate is a little tough on the shoulder..but don't fall for the collapsable stock spill..Several references made to it, marked it as harder to shoot and control..Mine has a brand new green stock , recoil spring and Buffer..helped it to feel better on firing..Sportmans guide sometimes has some good deals..BTW, I don't have nearly that many mags, but some were Brand-new, aluminum,sold as surplus..I still don't have a bm59 mag either.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    They are cool rifles..The buttplate is a little tough on the shoulder..but don't fall for the collapsable stock spill..Several references made to it, marked it as harder to shoot and control..Mine has a brand new green stock , recoil spring and Buffer..helped it to feel better on firing..Sportmans guide sometimes has some good deals..BTW, I don't have nearly that many mags, but some were Brand-new, aluminum,sold as surplus..I still don't have a bm59 mag either.
    I just bought some BM59 magazines last week, in preparation for a build!
    I may try the collapsible stock, and there are gunsmiths that'll shorten the barrel and pin the flash hider for 16" OAL, but then you can mount the bayonet...

Eli

HD buffer tamed my 91. 30+ years of ownership not 1 FTF! Love the HK diopter sights, but that's just me. Only gripe is bolt closed after last round fired.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyD11730 View Post
    Only gripe is bolt closed after last round fired.
    I grew up on AKs, I'm used to that.

Eli