Thread: Thanks Tim! (Pic)

Thanks Tim! (Pic)

My son and I went together on an HRA Field Grade from the NS. And then beat a path to Tim's place. Below is the result. Superb park job, really looks like it came out of the factory yesterday. Runs great!!!!! Although I can appreciate the aesthetics of the full size battle rifle, this is so convenient, it has to be the perfect truck gun or saddle gun. I really need to procure a saddle scabbard and alter it for this carbine length battle rifle so I can get a picture of it hanging from my horse! The perfect selection for the rifle stage of mounted shooting - OK, so they won't allow that.

I have seen lots of pictures of mini-G's with whiz bangs mounted on them, but I really like the utilitarian look, the functionality of stripped and ready for action, and REAL wood. Again this was a Field Grade HRA, it actually had a replacement HRA barrel on it which we chose to keep, the stock pouch seems incredibly functional for hunting (Ok, cool factor there). The rear handguard is birch I think, came off of my first Garand, a blue sky. The stock was what came with the rifle from the CMP, it cleaned up well so we decided to use it - and no harm done if it gets knocked around a bit in the field.

Finally, did I mention how fun these things are to shoot??!!!?? Again, I appreciate the aesthetics of John Garand's original full size work, but this is just so much more fun to squeeze the trigger on!

Thanks Tim, it was great meeting you!

DSC_7468_zps70584c25.jpg

Looks great! I cant wait to get mine back. Details on that 1911?

Thanks, I just can't believe the quality of Tim's work. It probably deserves a better stock, but that old arsenal repaired piece of wood with two rack numbers on it just seems too comfortable to hold and look at.

As for the 1911. It is just a standard Series 70 that I purchased in 1980, not long after I added the Millet sights and Pachmayer flat mainspring housing. The grips are aftermarket walnut. It is a real easy gun to shoot. The mini-G and that 1911 just looked good together so I took the picture. They both seem to feel like a comfortable pair of old boots.

MySeries70_zps1d6e59bd.jpg
    Last edited by jhunt67; 07-05-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Patriot
    Looking good. You can't beat how these rifles handle.

jhunt, the pleasure as always is mine. I appreciate the kind words and your patronage. It was very nice to meet you and GOOD SHOOTING!