Thread: Mini G build to be sent in, barrel question.

Junior Cadet

Mini G build to be sent in, barrel question.

Tim,
    I am going to send my Garand in for for Mini G conversion. I am looking for the best accuracy I can get. What would be your recommendation on barrel? Go with your 30.06 supplied barrel or get a New Citerion 30.06 USGI contour barrel for you to modify. If it is the Citerion do you sell them or do I need to buy one and ship it with my Garand? I didn't see a Citerion 30.06 barrel listed you your website. Thank you for your quality work and commitment to Garand owners.
    Last edited by Greg; 07-07-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Welcome to the forum
    You would be better off e-mailing Tim directly with your questions. He may not see your post
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Greg, I don't spend other people's money well, never was employed by any government This being said, I just don't think you'll get that much, if anything, out of a new barrel. It is your money though and your rifle. What you want is ALL that matters. It seems that even pitted up barrels, on the inside, will shoot typical Garand size groups. I don't take in pitted barrels only because they are unacceptable to my customers but I have a few on my own rifles and couldn't care any less, they make good kills on the game I hunt.

Patriot
    A recrowning (which of course is done on a mini-g barrel) will usually bring new life to a barrel as long as it's not a sewer pipe, and accuracy would probably be very similar. With that said, I went with new criterion barrels on my two, just because I wanted the longest life on them, it's not like I can pickup a mini-g barrel just anywhere.

I am very happy with criterion barrels, I have had them on M14s, Garands, and Carbines, they all have been very accurate.

I'm sure you won't be disappointing either way.

Justin