Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Local politics gun nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Actually, I consider the people to be "The Top" and the government to be "The Bottom". The government and those in it should be considered surfs, squires, servants, EMPLOYEES of mine. If I were ever to meet the president I would not call him Mr. President, I would call him or her by their name and insist they call me Mr. Shufflin. I am the employer and it is time that we all demand to be treated as such.

This being said, once we get this hierarchy pyramid turned right side up, these servants need to start acting like such. Nobody is being served by serving the "greater good". Individual freedoms are what this country was founded on, saw so important as to document in the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and The Declaration of Independence.

Nobody is being served if a "free man" is not free.
    Well said, sir. I suppose my locution speaks to how deeply ingrained the "government is good" brainwashing has gotten, even for someone who considers themselves a small government patriot in the truest sense of the word. You really did open my mind to how important using the correct language is as if you can manage to shift the language we use one can change the entire meaning of the discussion. Somewhat scary to see that it has worked even in someone like me.

You are correct; the govt. should be the serfs and we the People are the real nobility. Amazing how much things have flip-flopped.

Patriot
    If it'll help I'll send a can of HXP along with my next rifle build to you. I will insist of course you, you exhaust all the ammo I send you test firing it for reliability, with the loudest muzzle brake you have, at all hours of the morning, especially near the lake so I know how it will perform in wet conditions.

But only if it will help. On second thought, maybe it's best I wait then until you defeat the current proposal. Then I will send it with the HXP can...

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    If it'll help I'll send a can of HXP along with my next rifle build to you. I will insist of course you, you exhaust all the ammo I send you test firing it for reliability, with the loudest muzzle brake you have, at all hours of the morning, especially near the lake so I know how it will perform in wet conditions.

But only if it will help. On second thought, maybe it's best I wait then until you defeat the current proposal. Then I will send it with the HXP can...

Justin

It would help me BUT, it wouldn't make me a good neighbor. My neighbors are great people, really really great people. The lake area is miles away, now it would be nice to go there and do some shooting. I found the police report that started all this, the guy at the meeting who said he had problems with gunfire, I got the report. pretty unbelievable. Deputy said no houses in the area of the target shooting, safe back stop, case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    It would help me BUT, it wouldn't make me a good neighbor. My neighbors are great people, really really great people. The lake area is miles away, now it would be nice to go there and do some shooting. I found the police report that started all this, the guy at the meeting who said he had problems with gunfire, I got the report. pretty unbelievable. Deputy said no houses in the area of the target shooting, safe back stop, case closed.
    Unbelievable. Good thing the deputy that responded had a good head on his shoulders; if you had been unlucky and it was one of the "modern minded" deputies that seem to increasingly pop up here it could have been much different.

Update! Gun ordinance, fireworks ordinance, sound ordinance, all DEAD! Official word at last nights board meeting. The problem is that the way our township works, they will re visit ANYTHING with merely a complaint by a resident so this will go on in perpetuity. We are proposing a law that will require a 10% population petition to propose ANY new ordinance. This will get rid of this frivolous effort to constantly undermine our rights and to help limit the expansion of government.

Great news, Power to the People!!
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Founding Member
    Tim, Glad to read it here..You took action, and it worked...Og.

Okay, we went with a 20% petition and it is on the table for the next board meeting. Great news, our township supervisor resigned! It did so on Monday. We are gaining momentum, just got the acreage requirement for owning farm animals put on the boards agenda for repeal. Our next step is to start filling some of these vacancy's that are about to happen.

Junior Cadet
    get some, Shuff.... after you guys "create" then "fill" those vacancies, you might want to slip on down to the lake and see about "creating" another "vacancy"..... sometimes if you make a moron miserable enough, he /she / it will just "go away".....

20% petition rule was advanced by the planning commission and is now going to go before the board. I think we might have to put this one on the ballot.