Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Local politics gun nuts.

I have to ask, were you always involved in local politics, or did this recent event spur you into increased action?

Also, how far do you see this going? By that I mean could you imagine possibly running for office yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice View Post
    I have to ask, were you always involved in local politics, or did this recent event spur you into increased action?

Also, how far do you see this going? By that I mean could you imagine possibly running for office yourself?
    Nope, never involved. I lived in a bubble, thought that I had 5 Republicans representing me and no bad could happen here, I was wrong. Of our 5 "Republicans" I doubt that any of them would qualify as being anything more than a RINO. I could see myself running for office when I retire but, at this time, I would only run if our coalition cannot find a viable candidate. I have a real business to run and I would turn down the income from an elected position so I would gain nothing monetary from government employment. Still, individual freedom would be all that it takes to push me over the edge if we cannot find a candidate.

I find government employment to be the lowest level of living and, generally speaking, should be avoided whenever possible. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that government jobs may now make up a plurality of the job market and I hold no ill will against those who take them to feed their family. Just realize that every time someone takes a government job there is one less person who may understand the importance of the private sector and thus may vote as such. People can hardly help but to vote in such a way as to protect their income and if making a new tax or extending a tax to support their government job is what has to be done, they'll generally do it.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Nope, never involved. I lived in a bubble, thought that I had 5 Republicans representing me and no bad could happen here, I was wrong. Of our 5 "Republicans" I doubt that any of them would qualify as being anything more than a RINO. I could see myself running for office when I retire but, at this time, I would only run if our coalition cannot find a viable candidate. I have a real business to run and I would turn down the income from an elected position so I would gain nothing monetary from government employment. Still, individual freedom would be all that it takes to push me over the edge if we cannot find a candidate.

I find government employment to be the lowest level of living and, generally speaking, should be avoided whenever possible. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that government jobs may now make up a plurality of the job market and I hold no ill will against those who take them to feed their family. Just realize that every time someone takes a government job there is one less person who may understand the importance of the private sector and thus may vote as such. People can hardly help but to vote in such a way as to protect their income and if making a new tax or extending a tax to support their government job is what has to be done, they'll generally do it.

A TRUE man after my OWN Heart!!!!!! LOVE toolman

So I must really be on the bottom of the totempole. Government employed Garbage collector, street patcher, grass cutter
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    C'mon, defense jobs, i.e. working for / supporting combat elements, doesn't quite translate well for some us...if I could leave I would but my skills have no compatibility over to private sector jobs.

A little taste of what we've been doing in our Township. We just got my neighbor appointed to Trustee after one of them died. Check out the comments.

http://www.hillsdale.net/article/201...29680/0/SEARCH