Thread: Polished 30-06 ammo from the CMP

Junior Cadet

Polished 30-06 ammo from the CMP

Hi Guys: I have attached photos of the M1 HXP Greek 30-06 ammo purchased from CMP where I have polished the rounds, and you sure can get them to shine. First photo shows 5 rounds on left as they came out of the can, and on the right, 5 rounds after polishing. The second photo shows the polished rounds in an enbloc clip. I've posted this on the CMP forum and one guy said that I've lost it. Another guy said he didn't have that kind of patience. Well, my wife used to say that I was the most patient person she ever met. Now, after 49 years of putting up with me, she says that I'm just too dumb to know when to quit. Oh well........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by accordionjohn View Post
    Hi Guys: I have attached photos of the M1 HXP Greek 30-06 ammo purchased from CMP where I have polished the rounds, and you sure can get them to shine. First photo shows 5 rounds on left as they came out of the can, and on the right, 5 rounds after polishing. The second photo shows the polished rounds in an enbloc clip. I've posted this on the CMP forum and one guy said that I've lost it. Another guy said he didn't have that kind of patience. Well, my wife used to say that I was the most patient person she ever met. Now, after 49 years of putting up with me, she says that I'm just too dumb to know when to quit. Oh well........

They are pretty but not something I'd ever do. I frankly would consider it a giant waste of time. My opinion, or anyone else's for that matter, doesn't matter though, it's your time and pleasure at stake.

They do look purdy though

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    They are pretty but not something I'd ever do. I frankly would consider it a giant waste of time. My opinion, or anyone else's for that matter, doesn't matter though, it's your time and pleasure at stake.
    I agree to each his own but a waste of time IMO. Military ammo new off the manufacturing line never had a shine. Its a step they didnt waste time or resources for.
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"