Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to keep?

Anyone else have a thought?

I would do the M1A.

Are you saying that your insurance will reimberse you for any hospital bills you pay?
    If so I wouldnt sell any of them, call billing dept either tell them to hold on and wait insurace is going to pay or send them a small payment a month that you canafford. If all you can afford is $50 send it, that will buy you some time until Insurance pays up.
    Generally if you are trying to make some sort of payment they arent going to turn it down
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Are you saying that your insurance will reimberse you for any hospital bills you pay?
    If so I wouldnt sell any of them, call billing dept either tell them to hold on and wait insurace is going to pay or send them a small payment a month that you canafford. If all you can afford is $50 send it, that will buy you some time until Insurance pays up.
    Generally if you are trying to make some sort of payment they arent going to turn it down
    As far as I can tell I WILL NOT be reimbursed for any expenses I pay out of my pocket even if they do approve the extension and backdate her coverage. The bill for the entire hospital stay totaled $17,900. I asked the hospital for some leniency and they basically said it has already been 5 months which is lenient enough. Believe me, I would not be considering selling anything unless I had any other options. I've been giving them a few hundred dollars here and there over the last 5 months but they said they need more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemp View Post
    As far as I can tell I WILL NOT be reimbursed for any expenses I pay out of my pocket even if they do approve the extension and backdate her coverage. The bill for the entire hospital stay totaled $17,900. I asked the hospital for some leniency and they basically said it has already been 5 months which is lenient enough. Believe me, I would not be considering selling anything unless I had any other options. I've been giving them a few hundred dollars here and there over the last 5 months but they said they need more.

If you had the coverage at the time of the "incident". No way I pay a dime more then I am supposed to under my coverage contract. I have had some minor issues with my private, self funded, insurance in the past but in pales in comparison to ANY of the stories I've heard about those who have been in the military. Sadly, my government wants to bring this great service to everyone now and have everyone be forced to pay for it.

Don't sell a thing! If you are right, tell them all to pound sand.

If your making an honest effort to pay (any amount) they can't (shouldn't) mess with you.
    If your situation is such that you can't feed your family or pay your morgage,There's always (bankruptcy).
    Evan mentioning it to them,may help.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by LEAD POISON View Post
    If your making an honest effort to pay (any amount) they can't (shouldn't) mess with you.
    If your situation is such that you can't feed your family or pay your morgage,There's always (bankruptcy).
    Evan mentioning it to them,may help.
    Well things aren't THAT bad...yet. It's just hard for me to justify being in continual debt like this when I have $10k in hobby materials just siting around.

Tim- I was covered at the time but because the great state of Georgia lost our paperwork and took 2 months or so to give us her birth certificate we couldn't register her in DEERS until well after the cutoff date. Not being registered in DEERS for 2 months caused us to miss the Tricare registration cutoff. Yes, two different entities for the same thing. Luckily I was able to flex my rank at the base to get the DEERS thing taken care of, but Tricare couldn't care less if you're an Airman Basic or a 4 star.

It's just hard for me to justify being in continual debt like this when I have $10k in personal property just siting around.
    Fixed that for ya.

If you are in the right, there is no reason why you should have to liquidate personal property because some lazy ass pencil pusher is failing at his/her job.

Stand by your guns (literally).

Founding Member

Insurance and lack thereof?

Anyone else have a thought?
    Well, If you are making payments, They cannot or Won't take much harder action..IMHO...Payment keep them from saying you are not trying... Insurance here, May or may not pay for some of the simplest tests??..I used to ask the Doctor Not to perform any tests that were not covered by Cigna..Now with OBcare, it is a dead gamble, and sometimes i do pay the statements that follow..There is a very costly test that involves why my feet feel thick and tingle?..{Suspected nerve damage?}I have just opted not to do the testing..In you case of late birth certificate i would hope that someone will listen and be reasonable to help you get her taken care of without a lot more worry...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Well, If you are making payments, They cannot or Won't take much harder action..IMHO...Payment keep them from saying you are not trying... Insurance here, May or may not pay for some of the simplest tests??..I used to ask the Doctor Not to perform any tests that were not covered by Cigna..Now with OBcare, it is a dead gamble, and sometimes i do pay the statements that follow..There is a very costly test that involves why my feet feel thick and tingle?..{Suspected nerve damage?}I have just opted not to do the testing..In you case of late birth certificate i would hope that someone will listen and be reasonable to help you get her taken care of without a lot more worry...
    There's nothing reasonable in the govt bureaucracy I have come to call The Beast...