Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
Customer is always right. Guy says that sight needs to be shorter then so be it. CMP will hang a sight on the rifle, shoot it, get it on target, and send the guy an invoice. Customer will post how amazing the CMP Pro Shop is and know in his mind that it was correct to file his front sight down to lower his point of impact. And for the rest of eternity everyone else was wrong. Customer is always right unless he is wrong...but only good business to nod your head in agreement, take their money, and give them a decal or some such thing. And....he will be able to market his carbine as "being built by the CMP pro-shop". Win-Win for everyone.

(Not against the CMP pro shop. It's all about perceived value and customer service)

Funny, I believe he's having the pro shop do it. This man is a great customer but I told him he had to raise the front sight, get a taller one, I lost out. I'm not in any way boning on my customer, I'm just wanting to make sure I'm not completely crazy. I even test fired a carbine today and imagined the front sight being taller while shooting, my POI when down just like I thought it should.