Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front sight on Carbine filing

Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    Customer is always right. Guy says that sight needs to be shorter then so be it. CMP will hang a sight on the rifle, shoot it, get it on target, and send the guy an invoice. Customer will post how amazing the CMP Pro Shop is and know in his mind that it was correct to file his front sight down to lower his point of impact. And for the rest of eternity everyone else was wrong. Customer is always right unless he is wrong...but only good business to nod your head in agreement, take their money, and give them a decal or some such thing. And....he will be able to market his carbine as "being built by the CMP pro-shop". Win-Win for everyone.

(Not against the CMP pro shop. It's all about perceived value and customer service)

Funny, I believe he's having the pro shop do it. This man is a great customer but I told him he had to raise the front sight, get a taller one, I lost out. I'm not in any way boning on my customer, I'm just wanting to make sure I'm not completely crazy. I even test fired a carbine today and imagined the front sight being taller while shooting, my POI when down just like I thought it should.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Funny, I believe he's having the pro shop do it. This man is a great customer but I told him he had to raise the front sight, get a taller one, I lost out. I'm not in any way boning on my customer, I'm just wanting to make sure I'm not completely crazy. I even test fired a carbine today and imagined the front sight being taller while shooting, my POI when down just like I thought it should.
    Just keep it down, you haven't lost it...You would believe that the customer could hold the rifle in position and do the same sighting..even use his imagination..I follow the idea of him saying the pro- shop worked on his carbine, as a sales booster..=

And could he then say the CMP custom shop lubed his carbine with Orest's man butter after they sighted in his carbine? After all wont the Carbine shoot better lubed that way?
    Mack

Patriot
    Who knows maybe Orest sighted it in himself... Prove he didn't...

Tim, did you take into account spin drift on the bullet? What about the curvature of the Earth? Remember when shooting uphill hold low, and when shooting downhill hold high! How do you know his range is level

Just kidding of course.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Tim, did you take into account spin drift on the bullet? What about the curvature of the Earth? Remember when shooting uphill hold low, and when shooting downhill hold high! How do you know his range is level

Just kidding of course.
    You forgot the Coriolis effect. I wonder which way Orest's toilet spins!

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    You forgot the Coriolis effect. I wonder which way Orest's toilet spins!

Good point! If you hold the carbine gangbanger style...then low would be high, and high would be low. See, easy to figure out.